Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, after 4 years of ownership the OEM battery finally died today....pretty good for the stories I hear about their batteries. SOB wouldn't even turn over a little. Radio and RADAR detector came on, but didn't turn over. Got a jump and had it tested, registered at 220-ish range.

Went with a Sears Gold and they looked at the Alt numbers: 14.8-14.9. Is that range too high? I have the Big 2 wiring upgrade (yes 2) so that may be the reason? Dude at Sears thought my Alt was potentially going bad...thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD - 3SS TBSS
2,617 Posts
Mine would hit 15.1 - 15.2 with my old battery and settle down to 14.1ish... (sometimes as low as 13.9)

With my new OEM (replaced under warranty) Battery, I'm at the same 14.8 - 14.9 as you, and it settles down to 14.1 after a decent drive... I'm also running 2 grounds... and a Powerbastards Alt... I also keep a solar charger in the window, since I usually only drive the truck on the weekends...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.