Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
07TrailblazerSS
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just did a trans oil and filter change as well as a tune. i now have a random problem. When driving, as the trans shifts uo to 4th then i decelarate and when i go to lightly push on the throttle, i get no response....In other words the motor doesnt rev nor the trans. It acts like there is a dead spot. Its happens usually between 30-50 mph when decelarating. PLEASE HELP!!!!

·
Premium Member
TBSS 3SS
1,991 Posts
I'm thinking its the tune. Record a session then post it here.

·
Registered
07TrailblazerSS
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone else?? TPS sensor?

·
Premium Member
2007 Trailblazer SS
1,740 Posts
Probably something to do with the way they reduced torque management. ( if they did.) Happened to me shortly after I got HPtuners and I was messing around seeing what did what.

·
Registered
07TrailblazerSS
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They did reduce the torque management. What specific questions would you advise me on asking my tuner to check or change to fix this problem. THANKS

·
TT AWD TBSS Jeep
TT AWD SS Pwrd Jeep
5,825 Posts
If it didnt do it right after the tune, but a few days later, my question would be did you put in an aftermarket air filter with oil on it? Allot of times a few days after that, you need to clean your MAF with MAF cleaner. Would be the most likely cause if its not the tune itself. Try it, costs under $10. Then if it doesnt work, call your tuner, he will know what to do and what to check.

·
Registered
07TrailblazerSS
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If it didnt do it right after the tune, but a few days later, my question would be did you put in an aftermarket air filter with oil on it? Allot of times a few days after that, you need to clean your MAF with MAF cleaner. Would be the most likely cause if its not the tune itself. Try it, costs under $10. Then if it doesnt work, call your tuner, he will know what to do and what to check.
Cleaned the MAF weeks before the tune as well as cleaned and very lightly oiled the filter

·
TT AWD TBSS Jeep
TT AWD SS Pwrd Jeep
5,825 Posts
If you oiled the filter at the same time you cleaned the MAF, thats probably it. Its the NEW oil that took a few days to work its way to the MAF. I bet thats it, clean it again, bet theres oil on it. Hey its an almost free fix, so it cant hurt to try it. Youd be surprised what an oily MAF will do.

·
Registered
07TrailblazerSS
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If you oiled the filter at the same time you cleaned the MAF, thats probably it. Its the NEW oil that took a few days to work its way to the MAF. I bet thats it, clean it again, bet theres oil on it. Hey its an almost free fix, so it cant hurt to try it. Youd be surprised what an oily MAF will do.
Will do! Thanks for your input:coolthumb:

·
Registered
07TrailblazerSS
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thats why I really wished these things were cable controlled! IMO you would get better throttle response and control
:iamwithstupid:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.