Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay guys here we go.... i have a hid kit and my right hand side goes out from time to time.. then the next day works... it only happens on the right it sometimes flickers to turn on and sometimes just doeant click...

·
Premium Member
08 Black Granite
4,004 Posts
You should...
switch the right bulb to the left.

Then switch the right ballast to the left and tell me what happens...:king1: Now... does this happen only during daylight hours or hours of darkness? :burp:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,887 Posts
Mine does this too sometimes. I can turn it off and turn it back on and its fine. Mine is the passenger side too. It usually only does it when the auto feature kicks the lights on.

·
Premium Member
2006 TrailblazerSS
3,224 Posts
Danggggg! Same thing is happening to mine... same side and everythanggg! :(
Where did all of you buy your HID kit from???

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,800 Posts
I had this happening to me, my kit was from Jettt.

My pass side was doing it....I swapped the bulbs from one side to the other...It kept happening on the pass side...

Replaced ballast and re-wired everything, used electrical tape and zip ties making sure everything was tucked up and safe from water...Have not had a problem since and it has been months.

I would swap ballasts or bulbs from one side to the other, and determine what's the cause...

If it lights up sometimes and not others, and then if you turn the switch off and on and then they both work...it sounds like an intermittent igniter...i would just replace the ballast, which in turn gives you a new igniter...

the black box on the top left of this pic is where the igniter is located...

(some random google picture)

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,887 Posts
I think my woes come from not using the supplied plastic connector that you slide the spade terminals into. I have mine stuck in the OEM connector and then electrical tape wrapped. I think I just need to pull the tape and adjust.

P.S. Some folks(me included) have the ballasts withe the igniter built in, not like the one pictured above. I hate the ones with two separate parts like those.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.