Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
'06 Trailblazer SS
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a write up a couple of weeks ago about the DDM Tuning LED fog light bulbs and figured I would try them since they're only $8.95 each.

They're a pretty close match to my 6k HID lows which is what I want because I'm tired of the headlights being mismatched with the fogs. I will say though, they aren't very bright so if you want them for more function than look these might not be what you're looking for.

I'm happy with the way they look so a thanks goes out to the guys at DDM Tuning! Here are some pictures of them installed and I'll try to get some more after nightfall to get a better idea of how bright they are.

Before...

After...

Sorry for going a little overkill on the pictures..haha

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Not very bright

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,258 Posts
Maybe if you could snap some pics at night with just the fogs we could see if they are bright enough?

I have purple HID's as lows and Yellow fogs and I love the color difference... Just saying.. For 18 bucks though, not bad at all..

·
Registered
'06 Trailblazer SS
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Night shots...

·
Registered
'06 Trailblazer SS
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
=ЯΛWSSUM=
TrailblazerSS
1,137 Posts
:cheers1:for the price..
and better than stock halogen bulbs:2cents:

·
Registered
455 Posts
Dang, I just ordered some 3k fogs from ddm.. Hopefully they are brighter then this... If they are I'll send you a msg, maybe you might have bad bulbs? Doesnt seem like they're reaching there brightest potential. 35w right?

Also they seem way brighter in the first nighttime pic, then the second one. Maybe try installing the big 3 ground?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
I could see leaving them on as DRLs instead of gluing Audi lights everywhere, but honestly I'd spend the extra few bucks on a set of HIDs. Those bulbs are awesome for turn signals and tail lights but not for driving lights. I wonder what it would take to convert to LED headlights like on an Escalade or a Lexus.

·
Registered
'06 Trailblazer SS
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dang, I just ordered some 3k fogs from ddm.. Hopefully they are brighter then this... If they are I'll send you a msg, maybe you might have bad bulbs? Doesnt seem like they're reaching there brightest potential. 35w right?

Also they seem way brighter in the first nighttime pic, then the second one. Maybe try installing the big 3 ground?
They aren't HIDs they're just LED fog light bulbs so yours will MUCH brighter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG INFUSE 4G using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2008 Saab 97x Aero
906 Posts
Looks good if you never need them for fog id say leave them.. But then again the could be good for fog cause the are low and not bright enough to be a glary in the fog!! Def look good tho! I had these in my silverado for dtrl and at night the were awesome for lighting up the area of my truck if I needed...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts