Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up guys...everyone i know uses ddm tuning hids they seem okay but whats this i hear about that hids have trouble fitting in our fogs? i was looking on ddms website and i know we use the 880 bulb? correct me if im wrong but i dont see the 880 hid bulb on there site what should i do? another quick question i wanna order the led interior light kit but i just wanted to make sure the bulbs would be the same if i have the dvd player in my truck because i know with out the dvd it is a different light housing

·
Premium Member
07 TrailblazerSS Imp
9,449 Posts
whats up guys...everyone i know uses ddm tuning hids they seem okay but whats this i hear about that hids have trouble fitting in our fogs? i was looking on ddms website and i know we use the 880 bulb? correct me if im wrong but i dont see the 880 hid bulb on there site what should i do? another quick question i wanna order the led interior light kit but i just wanted to make sure the bulbs would be the same if i have the dvd player in my truck because i know with out the dvd it is a different light housing
or you can go with 893 also for fogs
http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/AutomotiveLighting/LampReplacementGuide/AutoLRG-Results.htm

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,317 Posts
We have 893 bulbs but 880 fits, you may have to loosen the screws on the fog light to get them to fit.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
Just checked and they have 880's if you scroll down far enough, mine dropped right in no problems. Maybe email first to ask length of the bulb and request a shorter one if you're worried about it?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,887 Posts
I think typically any 8xx series bulb will fit an 880 application IIRC. Now your choice of manufacturer is up to you. Heard some bad stories on the DDM kits on a few forums.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just checked and they have 880's if you scroll down far enough, mine dropped right in no problems. Maybe email first to ask length of the bulb and request a shorter one if you're worried about it?
alright i see it now thanks and where would you guys get them from if people heard bad stuff about ddm?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
I've owned 4 kids from DDM personally, zero issues. The few flukes get blown out of proportion since people get internet tough and want you to know they're mad more than the people who like what they got want you to know.

·
Premium Member
2006 white 2wd
3,246 Posts
My DDM HID's fit just fine but I am using the new fog light housings! You really can't beat $40 fog light projectors. I have DDM HID's on my bike and all three sets on the SS with no problems at all!

·
Registered
2006 TBSS AWD
168 Posts
When I ordered from ddm last year it took six weeks after they took my money for the lights to show up. One balast was doa ....another 4 weeks later on top of the original 6 wks i finally had working lights. Balast #2 died 3 months later and i ripped out the lights instead of dealing with them again Their customer service is non existent and after my experience I would have gladly paid double to buy from a different company who actually gives a shit about their customer.

·
Premium Member
2006 white 2wd
3,246 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
295 Posts

·
Boost Addict...
Trailblazer SS
2,396 Posts
My $100.00 Hids went out although the company had better customer service and delivery time. DDM has a liftime warranty on their kits cant beat that. Now that after almost 2 years my $100.00 kit goes out and I have to buy a new kit DDM would replace their parts. Just my .02

·
Registered
2006 TBSS
119 Posts
We have 893 bulbs but 880 fits, you may have to loosen the screws on the fog light to get them to fit.
This^^ My fogs from DDM Tuning were about 1/16 or 1/8" too long to fit without loosening the 4 screws that hold the base mount to the rest of the housing.

I have been pretty happy with their products, though--especially for the price.

·
Premium Member
06 black awd tbss
5,953 Posts
When I ordered from ddm last year it took six weeks after they took my money for the lights to show up. One balast was doa ....another 4 weeks later on top of the original 6 wks i finally had working lights. Balast #2 died 3 months later and i ripped out the lights instead of dealing with them again Their customer service is non existent and after my experience I would have gladly paid double to buy from a different company who actually gives a shit about their customer.

And of you had checked the website you would've seen that the hid kits were back ordered from out of the country. It was out of DDM's hand's. And I'm sure they had people calling and complaining 24/7. That's why they took hid kits down for a few months til they restocked the warehouse.

·
Premium Member
2006 white 2wd
3,246 Posts
I ordered highs, lows, and fogs a couple months ago from DDMTuning.com and it only took about 5 days to get my lights. I believe there is a clause on their site that states if the items aren't in stock, then they will come from overseas and take more time... A couple years ago, I purchased HID's for my motorcycle from DDMTuning.com and it took about a month to get my lights. Either way, I am very happy with the price and quality of these lights. I have not had any issues with the lights and if I do, there is a lifetime warranty. My bike has had these same lights for a couple years and no issues.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
I got DDM 880's and they do not fit the fog light. The bulb is too long.
Did you leave the plastic washers on? I believe there's a rubber and a plastic washer on the base of the bulb, you could use 1, 2 or none. I'm pretty sure I have 1 on and it fit perfect but I don't recall which one. Try leaving both on and see if you can get it to lock in.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.