Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my kit from ddm in exactly 3 days like they said and they look amazing. I had some old hids on the truck when I bought it which I think were 8000 or 10000 because they were more purple and hard to see. The 5000's are definetly better. Light output and color are way better.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
I have yet to try 5000ks but went from 6000k to 4300k in my last DD and even in that range I noticed a great improvement in light. My TBSS came with 10000ks in it and I snatched them out as soon as I could for some 4300ks and felt like I could see ten times better without looking like a ricer. Anything over 6000k is useless and tacky, good choice.

·
Premium Member
07 2wd TBSS
9,172 Posts
Can we see some pics of the light output am thinking of switching out from 8K to something that gives more light output versus something that looks nice

·
Premium Member
Bet you cant tell
6,480 Posts
i will say DDM is the best HIDS i have to date and ive gone through A LOT of different brands on my past 3-4 cars which were purchased straight from the companies who make them and wasnt happy until my VW friends told me about this company. Their customer service might be crappy, but they have a great product and lifetime warranty to back it up

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
51 Posts
I was on there site checking it out and just wondering did you get the fog lights to. How should i order them do i need the harness ?

·
Premium Member
06 black awd tbss
5,953 Posts
i got a set a few months back and so far i have no complaints. and since ive gotten mine. i know about 4 or 5 buddies of mine that have also bought sets and they love them!

·
Premium Member
07 2wd TBSS
9,172 Posts
Damn they do look good and that is a great price! Now did you go 5K lows and fogs? And if yes why do they look like they have a hint of blue? Am trying to get everything to look the same and with my 8k they look more blue then The low beams do

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
638 Posts
There other brand is on sale right now, I just got two H7 kits for my friend and her husband. I'll be putting them in a VW Rabbit and a Volvo SUV. I have 5k 55watt in my lows and 35 watt 6K's in my highs and fogs. I have 35 watt 5K's in my wife's 02 Honda.

·
Premium Member
07 2wd TBSS
9,172 Posts
There other brand is on sale right now, I just got two H7 kits for my friend and her husband. I'll be putting them in a VW Rabbit and a Volvo SUV. I have 5k 55watt in my lows and 35 watt 6K's in my highs and fogs. I have 35 watt 5K's in my wife's 02 Honda.
Damn can we see a pic of the 55W 5K those gotta be bright

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
I have their kit in my Impala, had it in my old Buick, and have their lows and fogs (3000k) in my TBSS. Every other brand I tried had issues, and they cost more too. I will never buy HIDs from anyone else.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
638 Posts
I had 35 watts in and they were bright enough. I had the option to put them in or sell them, so I put them in. My friend got rid of his 2500 so I took his lights out that I installed. IMO, 35 watts are good enough for city/ in town driving. I drive my truck in twisted back roads with blind corners, animals galore, surrounded by trees open fields. So I like to see everything. My highs with lows are on about 50% of the time at night.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
638 Posts
ok here are some pics of 55 watt HID's in my lows. I also have 35 watt 6K in fogs and highs. Video is also coming, Photobucket is being slow.

Lows and fogs

Lows and Highs

Lows and fogs

55 watt 5000K DDM HID's

1 - 20 of 59 Posts