Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
whats up everybody,

I just installed the lows and fogs and they are bright as shit. Im very impressed with the lows but the fogs not so much, Of course they are alot brighter but i think i cut my range in half with them. anyways here some pics.

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
905 Posts
remember its a different color than what your eyes are used to seeing at night, its probably the same distance just not as noticable because of the color

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
403 Posts
screw you Koz!!! DDM is no longer selling their kits and I just missed out on my order... :(

Looks good though! :idhitit:

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
905 Posts
WHAT! no more DDM HID kits? :wtf: i wanted some for my fogs

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really i wonder why they would do that. they have to be making a killing it took me damn near 3 weeks to get mine. Well i know Jetstream sells them ask him..

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
401 Posts
Yeah DDM just recently stopped selling the kits and slim ballasts.

I ordered the 880 kit too, but I'm not going to install them anymore. I hardly need them cause the lows are so bright now I really don't want to blind anyone more than I have too.

I was like one of their last orders 2 weeks ago, I went to check on the status of the order and noticed they don't list them anymore, just the raptors now.

Maybe they'll have something better coming in store for everyone?

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
905 Posts
looks like jettstream will get my business then

·
Premium Member
2008 Trailblazer SS
3,987 Posts
good to support our vendors anyway...mikes a good guy and his products are great

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
DDM just stopped selling the SLIM HID Kit. He Still sells his Raptor Kit which has full size ballasts. I just ordered 2 kits for my silvy

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how are the Raptor kits? is the only difference the thicker ballast?

Thanks!
I heard the raptors give off some interference with you radio stations. and they buzz. I personally never had them so i cannot say for sure but thats the word on the forum..

·
Premium Member
2008 Imperial Blue
4,473 Posts
No radio interference from what I can tell, but I haven't listened to AM yet.

·
Premium Member
2007 3SS AWD
1,156 Posts
i was just thinking about ordering some raptor 6000k kits for lows and fogs... if anyone has any input that would be highly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
I had the Raptor kit in my old Buick, zero issues. I would buy them again in a heartbeat. We have enough room for them, the slim ones just looked a little better under the hood so that's what I used for my TBSS but no difference in quality.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,655 Posts
i was just thinking about ordering some raptor 6000k kits for lows and fogs... if anyone has any input that would be highly appreciated!
My input is do it. I would go 4300 though.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
360 Posts
I have the raptor kits and when I tested it out I didn't hear any buzzing. Just beware the bulb plastic is pretty cheap so it can break easily.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts