Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
TB LSX
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am doing an LS conversion and have been doing some searches on throttlebodys. What vehicles and what years were the electronic throttlebodys for LS engines? I do not want to do a DBW conversion.

·
Registered
TB LSX
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you say cable driven, that's the electronic throttlebody? I'm still learning all this stuff but I know my 04 TB is electronic. No cables. It has the sensor on the gas pedal

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,679 Posts
dbw is drive by wire. aka electronic. dbc is drive by cable which is cable driven(old school)

·
Registered
TB LSX
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oooooh ok. Sorry, I was thinking dbw meant that the cable ran from pedal to throttlebody. Ok, so I know what kind of throttlebody to look for now. Just wanted to make sure.

·
Premium Member
2008 TB SS AWD 3SS
3,288 Posts
I6 is different than the V8s...if you're talking an 04 it's an I6 or a 5.3L. All GMT360s are DBW, 02-09, I6 or 5.3/6.0L.

·
Registered
TB LSX
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gotcha. Well I'm building an LS motor for it now. Have a 5.3 with 243 heads, looking at a ls6 intake manifold but was wondering about the throttlebody. I didn't want to do a pedal conversion on it and wasn't sure what year the dbw throttlebody were

·
Premium Member
2008 TB SS AWD 3SS
3,288 Posts
You need a truck intake or you're going to have to re-space all the accessories to run the car intake. And lose torque.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS AWD
1,795 Posts
Gotcha. Well I'm building an LS motor for it now. Have a 5.3 with 243 heads, looking at a ls6 intake manifold but was wondering about the throttlebody. I didn't want to do a pedal conversion on it and wasn't sure what year the dbw throttlebody were
I have a stock truck intake and fuel rails for sale. Just took off my truck to put a fast 102 on. Let me know if your interested

·
Registered
TB LSX
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have the truck intake that came with my motor. I wanted to put a car intake on it though. I know I have to get a car water pump, but how is changing the manifold going to affect the torque?

·
TT AWD TBSS Jeep
TT AWD SS Pwrd Jeep
5,825 Posts
Shorter runners in car intake loses around 25 ft lbs of TQ. And its all down low where yiu need it to launch these heavy pigs. FWIW a cheap cam will make a huge diff on the 5.3 engin. Especially with the better heads. Heck even an LS9 $100 cam new ads 122hp at 6200rpm on a 5.3 per car craft. I stuffed one in the 5.3 before I sold mine. With a few other mos, and a looser converter it was faster than my stock 6.0 was. But thats not saying much, as my stock 06 AWD only did 14.9 in the 1/4.... lol

·
Registered
TB LSX
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll have to do some research on that, never heard that before.
I have 243 heads and I'll be starting the porting process this weekend. Time for some fun!

·
Premium Member
2008 Trailblazer SS
2,764 Posts
Shorter runners in car intake loses around 25 ft lbs of TQ. And its all down low where yiu need it to launch these heavy pigs. FWIW a cheap cam will make a huge diff on the 5.3 engin. Especially with the better heads. Heck even an LS9 $100 cam new ads 122hp at 6200rpm on a 5.3 per car craft. I stuffed one in the 5.3 before I sold mine. With a few other mos, and a looser converter it was faster than my stock 6.0 was. But thats not saying much, as my stock 06 AWD only did 14.9 in the 1/4.... lol

Cam adds 122hp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: CoreyH
1 - 13 of 13 Posts