Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm looking to get the headlights in the link
[LED DRL]FOR 02-09 TRAILBLAZER EXT BLACK/CLEAR CORNER PROJECTOR HEADLIGHT LAMPS | eBay

They have a led strip that can be used for DRLs. My question is how can I wire them so that the low beams no longer run as DRLs but still operate with the auto-on function at night and the led strip are now the DRLs full time? Basically is there a way to wire a separate DRL circuit?

I've searched and found the numerous post about the different methods to disable drl but none of them quite accomplish what I'm trying to do. Any help is much appreciated.

·
Registered
06' Red Jewel 3SS,
289 Posts
The DRL system runs on a pulsed voltage (I believe, could be current) that is being sent to a halogen bulb. The result is a dimmer bulb for Daylight Running Lights. When it’s dark a constant voltage is being sent making the bulb brighter. When people started to put in LED bulbs and HID ballasts the DRL delete posts were made. It essentially disabled the pulsed signal being sent when the sensor does not see the need to actually turn on the headlights.

What I think you want to do is tap into the circuit (wire) that supplies the light to the running light bulb that is below the main headlight assembly. You can do this a number of ways but I’d use a clip in jumper that just splices into that wire and keep the stock connectors if your new headlight does not have a spot for the stock bulbs. You’d have to turn on your running lights to get the led strips to light up with this method but it wouldn’t be any different than DRL other than the side markers being on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The DRL system runs on a pulsed voltage (I believe, could be current) that is being sent to a halogen bulb. The result is a dimmer bulb for Daylight Running Lights. When it’s dark a constant voltage is being sent making the bulb brighter. When people started to put in LED bulbs and HID ballasts the DRL delete posts were made. It essentially disabled the pulsed signal being sent when the sensor does not see the need to actually turn on the headlights.

What I think you want to do is tap into the circuit (wire) that supplies the light to the running light bulb that is below the main headlight assembly. You can do this a number of ways but I’d use a clip in jumper that just splices into that wire and keep the stock connectors if your new headlight does not have a spot for the stock bulbs. You’d have to turn on your running lights to get the led strips to light up with this method but it wouldn’t be any different than DRL other than the side markers being on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My desired endstate is the low beams function as normal except for no longer running as DRLs and the LED strip in the new headlights operates as the DRLs. I do not want them connected to the turn signals or parking lights.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts