Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
'07 TBSS 1SS
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well weather, time, and other factors finally allowed me to get the truck to E-Town since I have been wrestling with "the perfect tune". Wednesday is Test & Tune night starting at 5, for those of you who don't know. Wouldn't you know it A) Etown has a problem with their lights so no one starts running until approximately 7pm...and with noise curfew at 10:30. There isn't much time for the huge line of cars to get many runs in.

So we finally get a chance to test a tune out and would you know it. Launch is a bit soft. 1st to 2nd shift is sweet...2nd to 3rd bounces off the rev limiter and I have to lift to make it upshift....3rd gear hits the rev limiter at 88 mph and refuses to upshift for the last few hundred feet!:doh: I forgot to address the WOT upshift calibrations. :throw: That was an easy low 13 second pass!

So I address the issue in the tune and wouldn't you know it...two vehicles spill their fluids down the track and everyone gets an IOU raincheck. But I at least got some promising numbers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--oJPW3oatg

Weight: 5050lbs :eek:
R/T: .452
60': 2.147 :cheers1:
330: 6.030 :coolthumb:
1/8: 9.287
MPH: 76.60
1000: 12.030
1/4: 14.470 :doh:
MPH: 89.56 :crybaby:

Mods:
ECM Tune, 6L90 trans, CAI, Cat-Back, 73k miles all original otherwise

·
Me>Matt
6,756 Posts
with that 330' and 1/8th mile that would be more like high 13s not low 13s. but atleast ur working out all the bugs before the good da comes in a couple months!

·
Premium Member
'07 TBSS 1SS
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess I say I know it's low 13's bc I could feel the slow roll out and the fact that she pulls stronger on the mid to top end than with the 4L70.

·
Premium Member
2008 Imperial Blue
4,473 Posts
60' needs to improve...come on, your AWD! When do you get a chance to get back out there?

·
Premium Member
'07 TBSS 1SS
3,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I originally was using an '09 operating system, but the ECM parameters are completely different from an '08/'07...so I went to an older OS. Problem is...I didn't have time to change all the calibrations for a matching older TCM OS, so it was a factory 6L80 calibration with some quick changes done to it.

·
Registered
2008 Saab 97x Aero
906 Posts
Nice man I would love to do 6l90e swap... I have wondered ballpark out the door price with 3600 stall usually is... But I hate asking ppl what they spent on something... So if you like could you post a ballpark number...

·
TT AWD TBSS Jeep
TT AWD SS Pwrd Jeep
5,825 Posts
If you only had a 3600 converter, your 60' would drop .3 to .4 and youd gain .6 to .8 and be running high 12's!!! G/L with the tune.

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
Love to see it when you get it dialed in!

·
High and Tight!!!
TrailblazerSS
2,959 Posts
Would be nice to see what it will do on radials with a stall and some more mods.

·
Premium Member
'07 awd
2,422 Posts
Interesting stuff. With the way those 6L80/90's are geared, along with your 4.10 gears, I wouldn't think a stall would help that much.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
109 Posts
I lie awake at work dreaming of this swap behind a Mast built LS7...

·
Premium Member
2008 Imperial Blue
4,473 Posts
I lie awake at work dreaming of this swap behind a Mast built LS7...
Go with the ERL built short block. My buddy's is on order, getting WCCH LS7 heads, and I'm looking forward to some pictures, plus our drive out to SEMA in 2012.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
109 Posts
Can't wait to see those pics, what's he putting it in?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.