Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,711 Posts
I really hate ignorant news people who try and make a "story". Nothing against you posting David, just a joke of conveying to the public on their end.

Better link here with more video showing a good reason why he was in the hospital: Video: "Daddy Dave" Comstock Injured In Crash At Amarillo Dragway

His seat & harness tab broke from the roll cage (shown in the video) not to mention the nitrous bottle torpedo. Damn lucky.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,313 Posts
That was one of the most skewed reports I've heard in a while...its funny how bored that station/channel must have been...they were not there, lol,

"This is BS13 news, Reporting on a report we heard a couple hourss ago"
And then all they did was Name drop with adjectives like, maniac, dare devil driver, crazy, dangerous, illegal...

WTF?
Stupid mother fuckers, they were at a fucking track

And they said his car flew off the track, he never really even left the lane...
I will say this tho, it might have been staged...fuck that, it was staged...

Guys, Dave never let off the throttle...
Hello boys, what the first thing you do when the rear starts walking out like that???
You can't steer out of that shit, so ya let out and straighten up

Dave's car was spinning thru the 60' and and pushing sideways by 180'...and they (track owner) were trying to say he lost it at 1/2 track...pshh, bitch please...that car ended up at 1/2 track...

How about that "race seat" the bolts were like 1/2" and the clasps were cast? Looked like a go cart harness...

Do you smell what the rock is cooking?
"Reality" television at its finest ladies and gentlemen...
DRAMA

I dunno, shit happens and it happens fast, but this seems too weird to me

The carnage was real enough tho, hopefully the pleasure from the payoff will be worth the pain

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,313 Posts
I'm not sayin he planned to crash, or that the sponsors wanted him to...but I think he was racin to lose that one...

He was straight out of the hole and in the median between lanes immediately after the 60' barriers...

That's the weird part to me
The accident was just a terrible outcome...and yeah, he was lucky

·
making friends daily
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
9,331 Posts
I'm not sayin he planned to crash, or that the sponsors wanted him to...but I think he was racin to lose that one...

He was straight out of the hole and in the median between lanes immediately after the 60' barriers...

That's the weird part to me
The accident was just a terrible outcome...and yeah, he was lucky
You're really trying to say he meant to do that? He just spent months building a brand new car and just finished it. I believe what really happened was that a part on the suspension broke is what I have read. He's so used to racing on any type of surface it's not even funny. For the back end to slide and come out a bit is nothing new for him. But when you want to drive out of something and possibly a part is broken that you dont know about the car wont react like it should. The car was basically brand new and I don't see for any reason why he would crash it intentionally, especially when it may or may not have even been covered? Hopefully it was. But when you spend months building your own personal car, you dont go out and total it and send yourself to the hospital on purpose.

Reactions: KA47

·
Premium Member
2008 Trailblazer SS
2,764 Posts
You're really trying to say he meant to do that? He just spent months building a brand new car and just finished it. I believe what really happened was that a part on the suspension broke is what I have read. He's so used to racing on any type of surface it's not even funny. For the back end to slide and come out a bit is nothing new for him. But when you want to drive out of something and possibly a part is broken that you dont know about the car wont react like it should. The car was basically brand new and I don't see for any reason why he would crash it intentionally, especially when it may or may not have even been covered? Hopefully it was. But when you spend months building your own personal car, you dont go out and total it and send yourself to the hospital on purpose.
Hell must have frozen over....but I agree with Brandon. I didn't search for it, but was that the first run for that car? The show lags a few months behind the "real world", and he hasn't been mentioned lately. He's lucky to be alive...regardless of money or property lost.

·
Premium Member
1,711 Posts
With as much dust on that track I don't think he had a fighting chance at saving anything, just like being on ice. He did let off before the car made the left turn, but again that dust gave him no chance.

·
Premium Member
1,711 Posts
That last frame is right before safety equipment should take over.

Had this 1.25"-1.5" weld held up I bet he would have walked away.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
473 Posts

This! I read what SSmokinem posted and chuckled. Surely he's joking.

I was going to reply earlier with the same sentiment but decided it was probably worthless.

·
Registered
482 Posts
This! I read what SSmokinem posted and chuckled. Surely he's joking.

I was going to reply earlier with the same sentiment but decided it was probably worthless.
I totally agree, to even consider DD intentionally crashed his new ride is ludicrous!!

This was a "No Prep" race, so the track wasn't glued and was definitely slippery. If you watch the run to it's completion, Birdman's car, in the other lane, ends up in DD's lane, past the finish line. That race was destined to end badly for DD, either way!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
658 Posts
Judging the video is ludicrous also if you don't personally drive an 1/8 mile heads up car. These things are capable of over 200mph in less than 4 seconds so shit goes down fast. And these are door cars with smaller tires.

It's not a matter of "if" you are going to wreck but "when". Even the best smash up nice cars on prepped tracks too. Get yourself to the Yellow Bullet Nationals at Cecil County Dragway over labor day weekend and learn about these cars instead of reading bad news articles.

·
TT AWD TBSS Jeep
TT AWD SS Pwrd Jeep
5,825 Posts
No way DD car does 0-200 in undet 4 seconds.... What u smoking?

Even Big chief is only running 160 in the 1/4 iirc - if Im wrong, apologies.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
658 Posts

The x275 cars are capable of 160+ and there are plenty of 10.5" outlaw turbo cars doing well over 200mph. I watch them every month.

Street outlaws aren't the fastest...it's 'what these cars are capable of'

·
Registered
482 Posts

Chief's car is comparable to the Murder Nova, in performance, and the MN went 4.40 @ 177 mph in the 1/8th, not the 1/4! Also, that was with 275 radials, with limited testing, in place of the big tires that they normally run!

·
Registered
482 Posts
The x275 cars are capable of 160+ and there are plenty of 10.5" outlaw turbo cars doing well over 200mph. I watch them every month.

Street outlaws aren't the fastest...it's 'what these cars are capable of'

Not so sure there are "plenty" of OL10.5 cars going "well" over 200, but a few do it occasionally, with a great surface and great air. All the top players are normally in the low to mid 190s though!

Heading out to Milan Friday for their monthly Outlaw 10.5 show with my buddies Gremlin, believe it or not. He's middle of the pack @ Milan @ 4.50, but does OK considering he's AMC powered on spray. He's still adjusting as Milan just changed to 1/8 mile this year - they've been 1/4 up until now.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
658 Posts
Not so sure there are "plenty" of OL10.5 cars going "well" over 200, but a few do it occasionally, with a great surface and great air. All the top players are normally in the low to mid 190s though!

Heading out to Milan Friday for their monthly Outlaw 10.5 show with my buddies Gremlin, believe it or not. He's middle of the pack @ Milan @ 4.50, but does OK considering he's AMC powered on spray. He's still adjusting as Milan just changed to 1/8 mile this year - they've been 1/4 up until now.
Yea I frequent Cecil County Dragway which is sea level and new concrete surface. Record here is 3.98 IIRC and just set recently.

·
TT AWD TBSS Jeep
TT AWD SS Pwrd Jeep
5,825 Posts
Wow thats crazy I never woulda thought 200mp UNDER 4sec in a car that can be street driven. I thought high 170's was crazy for a 275, but 200mph in under 4sec is simply amazing!

·
making friends daily
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
9,331 Posts
Wow thats crazy I never woulda thought 200mp UNDER 4sec in a car that can be street driven. I thought high 170's was crazy for a 275, but 200mph in under 4sec is simply amazing!
0-60 goals :cheers1:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,258 Posts
When MN and Chief were here at Huntsville for testing, MN was running around 4.70's consistently. They both ended up running around that at OSCR II in Memphis in the 1/8th. Daddy Dave can drive anything down the track with 4 wheels. I've seen him drive a twin turbo cobalt here in Huntsville. He drove a procharged Malibu at OSCR II. And he's driven another local car here in Huntsville that is a nitrous car. All of those were on radial tires.

Chuck said something broke/came loose on the rear suspension and being that Chuck and Dave help each other so much on their cars and the way the rear kicked out, it's very possible. I had also heard reports that the track was a little wet as well.

No way anyone would do that on purpose. True, he has had limited seat time in the Nova, but you can't take away his talent to get behind the wheel and drive a drag car.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts