Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2wd Turbo
11,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

Well about 3 moths ago I installed a D3 in my SS. As anyone who has a Boes system knows the system is QUITE! Well get this!!!! 2 days ago I fire up my onstar for the first time.(Cell Phone) After I hang up the radio kicks back on and its sounds a bit loud!:biggrin2: So I crank up the volume and I AM BLASTED WITH SOUND!:dunno: The Sound is super clear and when you turn it up all the way it's NUTZ! Before with the windows down you could not hear shit! Its like I turned up the gane on the amp! I just hope it stays this way!

Anyone else have this happen?:dunno:

·
Premium Member
2wd Turbo
11,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pionner AVIC-D3

Best Deck I have ever had! ITS GREAT! I have XM, XM Traffic Nav, Sirus, and IPod hook up! The nav has been spot on too! I did the by-pass mod so I can watch DVDs or make NAV changes wile driving, A MUST MOD!

Very happy!

Ross

·
Founding Member!
2012 Ram 1500
5,053 Posts
It probably has to do with the onstar module. Perhaps it was in some setting until you fired it up the first time and once switched on it changed settings. Don't know...sounds weird. My Onstar module only mutes the radio during calls, I ave seperate speakers for the Onstar output.

·
Registered
'06 TBSS
652 Posts
Did you guys have to buy those onstar adaptors and what not to integrate everything? I'm thinking about swapping the factory nav out for one of these.

·
Founding Member!
2012 Ram 1500
5,053 Posts
Yes you have to buy the adapters. The Bose/Onstar one is like $100 and then you have to get one for the steering wheels controls and then for any other options like satellite radio, Ipod, Traffic, Bluetooth...

·
Registered
'06 TBSS
652 Posts
Hmmm.... something to think about. The D3 looks sweet and it seems like it is really customizable (ie. the GUI, etc.). I like being able to mess around with stuff. :muahaha: I would have NEVER added the nav option if I knew how much it sucked.

Seems like you guys really like it. Anyone try XM traffic? How is it?

·
Premium Member
2wd Turbo
11,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmmm.... something to think about. The D3 looks sweet and it seems like it is really customizable (ie. the GUI, etc.). I like being able to mess around with stuff. :muahaha: I would have NEVER added the nav option if I knew how much it sucked.

Seems like you guys really like it. Anyone try XM traffic? How is it?
So far so good! Just got it last week but so far its spot on in the areas that have covrage!:coolthumb:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Rat can you post all the options you got and part #'s if you have them. My concern with the TBSS is the lack of great NAV and this looks excellent.

TY

·
Some PCM of NC bolton's
9,639 Posts
Pionner AVIC-D3

Best Deck I have ever had! ITS GREAT! I have XM, XM Traffic Nav, Sirus, and IPod hook up! The nav has been spot on too! I did the by-pass mod so I can watch DVDs or make NAV changes wile driving, A MUST MOD!

Very happy!

Ross
Why is your boost gauge around 20psi w/o the truck running??? looks good

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have the D3 and love it everything I need at the right price.

RatSS how did you get that picture on there. Could you post the info.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2wd Turbo
11,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rat can you post all the options you got and part #'s if you have them. My concern with the TBSS is the lack of great NAV and this looks excellent.

TY
I have the D3 with rear Ipod D3 interface, Sirus receiver, for Sirus radio (not sure what model anything will work) and the Pioneer GEX-P10XMT for the XM Nav Traffic and XM radio. Its just like any Nav it can get a bit lost sometimes but pretty good! My wifes Tom Tom One is the best Nav I have ever used that thing is SPOT ON!

Why is your boost gauge around 20psi w/o the truck running??? looks good
That was before I had the MAP and hose hooked up to the gauge. All perfect now!

I like the unit a lot! I would have to say for the money the best deck I have ever had. The Ipod hook up IS MONEY! The video looks great on the D3.

Thanks
Ross

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thanks Rat I will be getting this deck and doin the bypass mod when i get my truck hopefully in a coupe weeks. L8ers

·
Premium Member
2wd Turbo
11,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You will need to find an extra pin/wire for the bypass if you have onstar!

If you just do the bypass mod you loose your mute! I didnt like to have to turn the radio down to get a call or make one! I went to a Electronics store with the D3 harness and looked for a pin that would fit! I ened up buying a computer harness out a bin for $4 and it had one pin/wire that was the right size! :biggrin2:

Ross

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD 3SS
8,588 Posts
I have noticed tha tonce in a while my AV unit will sound distorted, so I just use the onstar phone, play with the onstar volume from the steering wheel control than go back to the stereo and it plays fine.

I think it has something to do with the adapter not setting gains correctly and the switch to onstar and back resets something.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts