Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Premium Member
'07 TBSS 1SS
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The on again off again Driver's Information Center bezel and wiring kit is on again.

A prototype bezel unit will be here by Christmas and hopefully the test wiring harness will be here by mid January.

Long story short, after going over this kit with a few guys, we finally decided to create and introduce an all in one kit for the 1SS owners. It will include the following:

-Pair of Factory Trip Info/Display/Select switches

-New "Trailblazer SS" pod replacement bezel with contoured openings for switches.

-Plug & Play wiring harness that does NOT require any wiring cutting or additional parts. No soldering. Wiring will include feature to allow buttons to be backlit as the factory intended. (Plug & Play installation feature for TBSS gauge clusters only)

-Complete Installation Directions

:rock:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS 06
136 Posts
I'm in!

I was ready to buy Mikes SS plug, when I saw this mentioned in another thread.

Looking forward to more details.

·
Premium Member
'07 TBSS 1SS
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WOW...Engineer already got a hold of the prototype part and save for some light sanding needed and a tweak to his dimension, he says it looks great. So I should have it and a BCM next week. As I already have a gauge cluster, it'll simply be a matter for me to lay it all out to approximate wire lengths. I've already got some pins from Mike, a wiring schematic to make it all work AND light up with your dash...so hopefully it'll be a quick 2 week turn around for my supplier to find all the necessary connectors and make me a prototype harness.

·
SS Fanatic
08 Trailblazer SS
250 Posts
I already have the DIC pins and homemade box, but this would be awesome to upgrade too. "if it's not too expensive"

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS 06
136 Posts
Some quick photoshop pics to give a rough idea how your kit will look Jesse.

And if one wants to change the color of the bezel, pick your color of choice and have at it.

·
Willy M'Fn Wonka
07 Trailblazer SS
7,244 Posts
Wait a minute... you mean to tell me a totally custom piece takes more than 4 weeks to make. Your kidding right? :rolleyes: It should be spec'd, sourced, built, shipped.... all within 2 weeks or thereabouts.... This took over a year.....

</sarcasm>

·
Premium Member
'07 TBSS 1SS
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Wait a minute... you mean to tell me a totally custom piece takes more than 4 weeks to make. Your kidding right? :rolleyes: It should be spec'd, sourced, built, shipped.... all within 2 weeks or thereabouts.... This took over a year.....

</sarcasm>
Found this one JUST for you Shawn!:rofl:

·
Premium Member
'07 TBSS 1SS
3,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Actually they production parts WILL come in black...but thanks for the photoshop job!:coolthumb:

1 - 20 of 76 Posts