Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed one? Where did you place it and how do you like it?

·
Premium Member
06' TBSS 2WD
3,410 Posts
I love mine. I've had cutouts on pretty much every one of my vehicles since 97'! lol Anyways, mine is right after the merge on the y-pipe, and right in front of the muffler. In the 1/8 mi, it's worth a solid tenth and a lil over a mph.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,596 Posts
I love mine. I've had cutouts on pretty much every one of my vehicles since 97'! lol Anyways, mine is right after the merge on the y-pipe, and right in front of the muffler. In the 1/8 mi, it's worth a solid tenth and a lil over a mph.
I had not run into anyone that has actually seens gains from doing this. Glad its working.

So you have a single one? Right after the flex right?

·
Premium Member
06' TBSS 2WD
3,410 Posts
I had not run into anyone that has actually seens gains from doing this. Glad its working.

So you have a single one? Right after the flex right?

Exactly. It's right behind the flange actually.

There are actually a few of us who are running cutouts. While you may not see the gains on the dyno, they are definitely there on the track, and as an added bonus, they are MUCH cheaper than a catback! :D

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are you using QTP's electric cut out or something different?

·
Premium Member
06' TBSS 2WD
3,410 Posts
nah, I'm too cheap for that, I'm just using a single 3" manual cutout.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Bro do you have any pics of the cutouts I wanna do the same thing but for noise reasons when I go to car meets:cheers1:

lol I'm with you thats why I thinking about going with the QTP, a bunch of ricers "be revin on me yo" and i'd like to see there face when i rev back uncorked

·
Premium Member
06' TBSS 2WD
3,410 Posts
I only have one cutout, not two, and it's in the intermediate pipe, right behind the flange in the y-pipe. I'll get you guys some pics tomorrow. :)

And that's why I got a manual, I need to lose some weight! :lol:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
318 Posts
I only have one cutout, not two, and it's in the intermediate pipe, right behind the flange in the y-pipe. I'll get you guys some pics tomorrow. :)

And that's why I got a manual, I need to lose some weight! :lol:
yah i got a qtp eletric cutout and i have right behind the flange in the y- pipe. and when i open it when i punch it at a 30. BIG Difference!!!:drive1:

·
Premium Member
2003 ZO6
7,400 Posts
ive got the qtp cut-out on my truck its right behine where the y pipe bolts to the catback before the muffler it definetely helps out in the performance i see almost .2 tenths in my times with it open compared to closed.ill take some pics and post them up.

·
Can you say 9's
AWD Trailblazer SS
2,065 Posts
We dynoed mine open and closed and it only made a 4 HP difference open v's closed.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer
1,028 Posts
Don't buy the one from Badlanz HPE, his customer service sucks ass, mine's been back to him twice and he still hasn't fixed it correctly!! Definitely not worth the $ spent, lesson learned.

·
Premium Member
07 2wd TBSS
9,172 Posts
Don't buy the one from Badlanz HPE, his customer service sucks ass, mine's been back to him twice and he still hasn't fixed it correctly!! Definitely not worth the $ spent, lesson learned.
I agree my motor burned out the first month and they refused to fix it and was told I had to buy a new unit

·
Midgets with hammers
'06 TBSS AWD
15,999 Posts
Wow.... Not an old thread at all. Good to see search being used though....

1 - 20 of 31 Posts