Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
sorry to bring up an old thread......but will the K&N filter from say a ieatstr8 cai work with this setup or do I need to order the K&N Joe suggests in the original post?
Any filter with a 3.5-4.00 internal diameter will work with it. You may just need to stretch it a little.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
198 Posts
I understand that this about the piping but i am woundering where you all are finding the box that replaces the stock.

·
Premium Member
TrailBlazer SS AWD
4,063 Posts
I Have The Tubing, But I Still Need That Aluminum Air Box For My Keystone Hood.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
198 Posts
Thanks Joe that is the air box that I was woundring about. I am ordering it to day. Adds such a clean look to the engine bay. Thanks again.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
535 Posts
Not to hijack the thread, but when i goto the site and get everything up they dont have the air box for the ram air style hoods. They just have the solid/plexi glass "windowed" box?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
29 Posts
You will need the below items and a few clamps. I cut 1" off of the 4" diameter Hump Hose and then joined all of the with 4" aluminum tubing inside of the joints. This way when assembled you dont see anything except the rubber tubing.

Six Robblees' Inc. | Since 1913, Your one-stop source for truck, trailer, and tire shop supplies

(1) K&N E0773
(1) Rubber Hump Hose 4"
(1) Rubber Intake Elbow Short Radius 90 Degree 4"
(2) Rubber Intake Elbow 45 Degree 4"
(1) Reducing Hose Insert 4" to 3.75"
(1) Reducing Hose Insert 4" to 3.5"
(1) 12" section of 4" Diameter Aluminum Tubing

**You will need to cut the aluminum into (3) 4" long sections.

Joe - I hate to be bringing up old stuff. I'm sure a lifetime of events has happened since these posts. But I have a few questions for you shouldn't take more than a 5 min or so call. I'm getting a build done soon and want to make sure I am all ready to go.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts