Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
damn joe where do you get your polished pulleys and brackets on the engine from?
I have the full 8 groove pulley setup made for us by a company and then have them all polished by a local company. It has become an evolving project as more and more polish gets added. I have to pull the Magnacharger back apart to copy some parts for production, more polish will get done while that is happening. Here is a pic from a week or 2 ago.

·
COME GET SOME
2008,AWD,TBSS,5130lb
675 Posts
I have the full 8 groove pulley setup made for us by a company and then have them all polished by a local company. It has become an evolving project as more and more polish gets added. I have to pull the Magnacharger back apart to copy some parts for production, more polish will get done while that is happening. Here is a pic from a week or 2 ago.

what the name of the company for the 8 groove set up, and will they do a group price for the boys w/maggies? thanks joe looks great

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
what the name of the company for the 8 groove set up, and will they do a group price for the boys w/maggies? thanks joe looks great
The company is Innovators West and they make them for Left Coast '32 so you can only get them from me. I have all the pulley's finished with them so we can set up an order anytime. The normal price for a complete set of the pulley's is $2000.00 for unpolished and they normally take 2-3 weeks to finish an order.

If you can get at least 5 orders together I can do a group buy to drop that price some. It includes an 8" Overdrive Crank Pulley, Power Steering Pump Pulley, Alternator Pulley, Smooth Idler Pulley, Shouldered Idler Pulley, SuperCharger Pulley and a Dayco PolyCog 8 Groove Belt. You will also need to purchase the MagnaCharger Tensioner Upgrade to go with it.

·
Premium Member
07 AWD TBSS
4,581 Posts
Joe,

If I was too run my ss down the track with the current magnuson CAI and turn a time of say [email protected] . Then I came back to the pits and installed a CAI like this one and made the tuning adjustments for it , what would you predict my et's to be on the run with the new CAI and what would you predict the MPH change to be ?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
'07 2wd
4,017 Posts
Joe,

If I was too run my ss down the track with the current magnuson CAI and turn a time of say [email protected] . Then I came back to the pits and installed a CAI like this one and made the tuning adjustments for it , what would you predict my et's to be on the run with the new CAI and what would you predict the MPH change to be ?

Thanks
My question also, wondering how much of an improvement there is with this CAI.

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
Joe,

Thanks
My question also, wondering how much of an improvement there is with this CAI.
The big question is can you tune for it! I have not been able to get it tuned right on mine that's why I took it off and am running just the stock Maggie intake tube! I have sent log file after log file with it on and it still makes it run so lean it throws codes! :dunno:

I thought I was throwing the codes because of a header gasket leak way back when, but it turns out it was this CAI causing most of my issue! The reason I say that is after I fixed my exhaust leak it still did it, but not as bad although I was sending logs back and forth to Alvin and I finally just tried putting back the Maggie intake tube on and that's when all my issues with running lean went away. I'm sure the log files and newly updated tunes helped, but I just tested the 2 different CAI tubes against each other last month to see if it would make it run lean again and of course it did. It was so bad it instantly started throwing codes! I reset my fuel trims right after I put it on and even ran a half of tank of gas with it on hoping that it would learn the new intake and bring the LTFT's back down, but it worried me so much because it would constantly be in the low to mid +20 LTFT's that's why I just said screw it and put the Maggie one back on. Once the Maggie CAI was back on it instantly went into runing slightly rich around -2 to -3 LTFT's which is sooooo much better! I'd rather be rich than lean especially with FI!:2cents:

I'm sure it can be tuned for, but I have had no luck with it and I would love to see what the real world results from it are as well!

Maybe a better/bigger MAF along with it would make a difference!:dunno:

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
I have never had anyone try to change one out at the track and clean up the fuel trims and then run it again to see the difference. I have tuned alot of these intakes on MagnaCharger TBSS's and it is not always easy to adjust them in, some are different then others. You need to be pateint and take it a little at a time until they are perfect. I am more then willing to help anyone that has HP Tuners and the intake like this on a MagnaCharged TBSS.

·
Premium Member
2wd Turbo
11,126 Posts
Hey Guys

It took about 15 min of street tuning to dial in my intake. I could tell between the two set-ups once my tune was dilled in. Not sure how much it did for me at the track but around town the low end feels more crisp and my IAT temp dropped just a hair. Mine was all trims.

Ross

·
Premium Member
07 AWD TBSS 3SS
2,733 Posts
Just ordered mine today. Should be at Newtech by friday. I will have it installed with the maggie. I will let you guys know if Nick at newtech has any problems getting the AFR dialed in.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts
Dam gettin the 4 inch pipe into the filter is a pain. i ended up going around it.

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 · (Edited)
You have to fight it a little to get the filter over the aluminum tube. Once it is in there then it wont go anywhere. The problem was finding a filter that fit in the box and you could expand to a 4" inlet. I have been looking at the custom Amsoil filters and may try one on mine.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts
EAAU4070 that amsoil would work

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,402 Posts
just looking
the e0773 is
FLANGE ID 3.625 in (92 mm)
OUSIDE DIAM 5.813 in
media length 7.25
flange length .75

so overall its 8 inches long

now a cone set up with 4 inch flange this woudl be closest
the rf-1015
Flange ID 4 inches
ouside diameter bottom 6
outside diameter top 4
overall length 7.625

hum>>??

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
just looking
the e0773 is
FLANGE ID 3.625 in (92 mm)
OUSIDE DIAM 5.813 in
media length 7.25
flange length .75

so overall its 8 inches long

now a cone set up with 4 inch flange this woudl be closest
the rf-1015
Flange ID 4 inches
ouside diameter bottom 6
outside diameter top 4
overall length 7.625

hum>>??
Try it and see if it will work. Always great to have other alternatives. The E0773 is carried on the shelf at alot of parts stores so it is easy to get and cheap. There isnt much room inside the air box for a clamp so make sure it is a tight fit on the 4" aluminum tube.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS AWD Modded
13,311 Posts
Dammmm Sweet:coolthumb:

·
Registered
96 Posts
What kind of CAI comes with the TVS 1900 ? I assume it is different than the 112 series ? Are there any pics available ?

·
Premium Member
2007 Trailblazer SS
1,486 Posts
sorry to bring up an old thread......but will the K&N filter from say a ieatstr8 cai work with this setup or do I need to order the K&N Joe suggests in the original post?

41 - 60 of 71 Posts