Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
2wd Turbo
11,126 Posts
Thanks! It is real easy to make once you do the E-Fans to get the shroud out of the way.
Joe

Where did you run the small tube that hooks into the the magnuson intake, with this new setup?

I think I asked this before but, Do you run a catch can? I have a Greddy one sitting on my desk ready to drop in.

Ross

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Joe

Where did you run the small tube that hooks into the the magnuson intake, with this new setup?

I think I asked this before but, Do you run a catch can? I have a Greddy one sitting on my desk ready to drop in.

Ross
You can run a line from the Passenger Side Valve Cover to the Catch Can and then over to the intake tube. You dont have to drill the intake tube for the other end, you can put a small breather on it and be okay. I run a small breather on the Valve Cover is all.

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD Red Jewel
1,713 Posts
I actually used the stock breather that goes from the valve cover to the stock airbox. I drilled a hole in the robber and pushed in the push-fit end and it snapped in and stayed there

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello. So you can run a breather on the passenger side valve cover rather than running the tube to the intake? Do anyone happen to have a part number? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Hello. So you can run a breather on the passenger side valve cover rather than running the tube to the intake? Do anyone happen to have a part number? Thanks.
I run breaters on both valve covers. For emissions reasons they want the crank case gasses burned in the engine.

G

·
Just go to a parts store, get a piece of 3/8 hose, then grab one of the coned shaped little breathers like they have at Checkers, a 90 degree elbow or you can run it straight out, attach them all and your good to go!:cheers1: Here are some old pics, hard to see but hope ya get the point

Click pic to enlarge:

Sorry Joe, thought he was asking bout the little breather we used before. Must have been posting @ the same time!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just go to a parts store, get a piece of 3/8 hose, then grab one of the coned shaped little breathers like they have at Checkers, a 90 degree elbow or you can run it straight out, attach them all and your good to go! Here are some old pics, hard to see but hope ya get the point
Thanks guys! This website is amazing!:cheers1:

·
Premium Member
'07 2wd
4,017 Posts
Doesn't the crankcase ventilation system help with keeping seals from leaking? I know on a 454 I have I could not keep the valve cover gaskets sealed, then installed a PCV system and have had no problems.

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
With an N/A application and the old engines the PCV would actually help with seals because the PCV system would maintain a constant vacuum in the crankcase.

It is set up the same for these new engines. The best possible system would be to run both valve covers to a catch can and then use the PCV port on the intake for N/A or the Blower inlet for the MagnaCharged.

I have mine set up with big breathers on the valve covers. I used 2 passenger side covers and the Speed Inc breathers.

G

·
With an N/A application and the old engines the PCV would actually help with seals because the PCV system would maintain a constant vacuum in the crankcase.

It is set up the same for these new engines. The best possible system would be to run both valve covers to a catch can and then use the PCV port on the intake for N/A or the Blower inlet for the MagnaCharged.

I have mine set up with big breathers on the valve covers. I used 2 passenger side covers and the Speed Inc breathers.

Ya always gotta be teasin the rest of us by showing that shinny little whinning bitch off with all of those purdy pulleys don't ya!:biteme:

·
The Worlds my Playground
4,823 Posts
That motor ALWAYS makes me ill, in a good way though.. Joe, that has to be the cleanest engine bay in a TBSS to date....:cheers1:

·
Premium Member
07 AWD TBSS 3SS
2,733 Posts
That intake tube does look a hell of alot better. Maggie should use this instead of the other one thats it comes with... A will probably be doing this when the truck is done being built. Thanks Joe

·
Premium Member
4,651 Posts
You'd better be prepared to tune for it as it will cause it to run really lean until it is dialed in!

I have mine sitting in my garage because I have not been able to get my tune right with it on!

Just FYI

·
Premium Member
07 AWD TBSS 3SS
2,733 Posts
You'd better be prepared to tune for it as it will cause it to run really lean until it is dialed in!

I have mine sitting in my garage because I have not been able to get my tune right with it on!

Just FYI
Thats true. I do like the new intake and it is a little to close to the time the truck is going in to start ordering new stuff... So I will enjoy it for a while after is done. Then start the continuous mods! lol Just like my J.E.E.P (Just Empty Every Pocket) :rofl::rofl:

·
Premium Member
613 Posts
damn joe where do you get your polished pulleys and brackets on the engine from?

21 - 40 of 71 Posts