Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was doing some upgrades on the TBSS today and ran into a prob at the very end. I had a hell of a time getting the right/passenger front caliper bracket off. So after swapping rotor and attempting to bolt the caliper back on i noticed it was crossthreading. Been on Rockauto's site looking for a P/N for our calipers but there is literally 20-30 options and none really specify the TBSS. Some ask about a 16 or 17'' wheel though. Anyone got a P/N for me I can use to shop? I sent Greg a PM but he may not respond till a day or so.

What is the P/N for the caliper I am after?

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS 1SS AWD
17,281 Posts
the bolts do not thread into the caliper they pass through into the slides that are in the caliper bracket themselves.

can you take a picture of how and where its cross threaded?...

you might just need a pin kit for the brackets... which i have in stock.

and cailper bolts... are discontinued... DO NOT destroy them... i have 3 pair that i bought up...

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're right Greg it's the bracket. Looks like someone used a damn impact or their pet gorilla on the last brake job. :doh: Both holes are jacked up bad. The bolts are a little messed up, but useable I believe. I hate when a damn $20.00 part keeps you from being able to drive. None of the local auto parts had the bracket. I will try the local dealer today. Need it quick!

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS 1SS AWD
17,281 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm....it sure does look like the bracket to me. :dunno: Both holes are stripped/cross threaded bad. Called the local dealer. No stock and 85.00!!! :biteme:

What would I be seeing if I needed a slide kit Greg? I have visually verified the messed up bracket threads already. But if I need to look further into this I will.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I found out what you meant about the boots & slide kit. I think I got the boots off without harming them.

I forgot all about you mentioning them being different too. When I was assembling them I said uh oh. But the one with the sleeve wont go into the wrong hole it appears. I should have gotten the diagram from you! :doh:

Got em all done though. The bolts were still good too. Thanks for the tips Greg.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts