1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone suggest a good reasonable brand of cross drilled rotors and brake pads
For my 08 .

Also, any pro or cons on using the above.

Thanks

·
not fast enough
TrailblazerSS
1,099 Posts
brakemotives are pretty good and very reasonable. i.used them for the rotors and got werner brake pads

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
34 Posts
i used Hart pads and rotors on all fours. Look them up they are supposed to be painted black. mine are about 4 months old, havent gone through a winter yet, and they look like corroded aluminum haha. didnt notice any difference over stock ones i removed either. but didnt really expect to.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
255 Posts
Cross drilled and/or slotted rotors are mostly for looks for a TBSS (or most vehicles) unless you autocross/track your car. With that said, if you can find them for cheaper then blank/stock or just prefer the looks, go for it. Rockauto has some options of blank and cross drilled just to give you a point of reference. Otherwise, this site has plenty reviews as well.

·
needs moar powa
1,185 Posts
Cross drilled and slotted tend to eat up the pads a little quicker, but you do run a slightly lower risk of warping them if you brake hard at high speed. I honestly just bought them for the look, and I paid 185 for 4 rotors and ebay motors so why not :basketball::basketball:

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
12,861 Posts
The Baer Decela rotors have been an awesome rotor replacement over stock and the EBC rotors I had that didn't last long at all.

~Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines~

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
12,861 Posts
I went with hawk pads, and baer rotors.
Same here! I couldn't be happier. Quiet, smooth, responsive and minimal fade.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
499 Posts
Cross drilled rotors are not meant to be used for autocross or road coursing as they will crack between the drilled holes. I cracked all four rotors on the road course.

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
12,861 Posts
Cross drilled rotors are not meant to be used for autocross or road coursing as they will crack between the drilled holes. I cracked all four rotors on the road course.
What brand? The chamfering of each cross drilled hole should prevent this. The Baer big brake kits even have cross drilled rotors. So their rotor isn't designed for autocross racing? Tell them that.
The pad type used is also key for this style of racing.

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
12,861 Posts
Just order set for front and rear baer decela
Remember to install them with the direction spinning backwards.

**The left side of the photo is the front.

Attachments

·
Baller Status
07 TBSS AWD 3SS
654 Posts
Had warped OEM rotors and just upgraded to the BrakeMotive drilled/slotted, StopTech stainless brake lines, and ceramic pads. Love the feel and performance is great for a cheap upgrade.

Got the rotors/pads from ebay on one of the sales they were running. Cost me just over 200 at the time.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
72 Posts
Who has the best prices on sets of Baer decelerator rotors? Best price I could find is about $550 for all 4 rotors plus shipping. Is that about the going price?

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
12,861 Posts
Probably. I purchases from Autoanything.com. If you call them, they typically give us special pricing

·
SSlow & high!
TrailblazerSS
2,256 Posts
Baer rotors & Hawk LTS pads FTW! :2cents:

Reactions: CHEVY6000TBSS

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
499 Posts
What brand? The chamfering of each cross drilled hole should prevent this. The Baer big brake kits even have cross drilled rotors. So their rotor isn't designed for autocross racing? Tell them that.
The pad type used is also key for this style of racing.

Yes I have the Bear Big Brake Kit and cracked their front and rear rotors! They suggest using non drilled or slotted rotors for auto cross and road coursing due to the drill holes are the weak spot and will crack under extreme conditions caused by track use.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,002 Posts
Yes I have the Bear Big Brake Kit and cracked their front and rear rotors! They suggest using non drilled or slotted rotors for auto cross and road coursing due to the drill holes are the weak spot and will crack under extreme conditions caused by track use.

Steve,

Did they ever take care of you on the rear calipers? I remember you were having all kinds of issues.

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
12,861 Posts
Wow....thats nuts!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
499 Posts
Steve,

Did they ever take care of you on the rear calipers? I remember you were having all kinds of issues.
No they didn't help pay for anything and said I should have known about the problem with the rears so it was my problem! They SUCK!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts