Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after 2-3 weeks of the recent blower install, I've come to a snag in the tuning. Engine will crank but she just wont turnover. Replaced the battery (first since 06) but still wont turnover. Replacing ignition switch tomorrow, but still don't think that's the problem. Any suggestions from you fellow gear heads?

·
Premium Member
08 Black Granite
4,004 Posts
Sounds like a fuel over ignition issue to start. any inline fuel pumps installed? Backwards?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
7,324 Posts
Sounds like a fuel over ignition issue to start. any inline fuel pumps installed? Backwards?
nah! it still has the factory pump! we just put a boost a pump on it! oh yeah FYI the OP and i put everything on it!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
7,324 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Like dj said.....everything is stock. The problem is so weird it has Joe (leftcoast 32) thinking about what it is. The thing that gets me is that it worked fine 2 days ago. Last night it had knock retard on the same tune and now today it just wont run. Can't be bad gas......already went thru 1/4 tank and it was fine.

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
7,324 Posts
im thinking either the ignition switch or a crank sensor!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
7,324 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
HAHA. Back to topic.....the weirdest thing of all is that no CEL is being thrown.....

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
7,324 Posts
and right after it shut off it tried to start a few times! but after that there wasn't any spark!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
7,324 Posts
any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
7,324 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,576 Posts
Check the wiring for the fuel pump booster, it may be a bad connection.

With no spark it would be the ignition switch.

The thing is with no changes in the tune other then airflow for an idle issue it started having all kinds of problems.

·
Premium Member
08 Black Granite
4,004 Posts
:doh: no loctite?

Glad it's remedied.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Update on this. OP messaged me and said it was the manifold (blower) bolts. They backed out or came loose I guess. From what I understand everythings working again!
It was also the ground on the cylinder head, passenger side.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.