Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am headed towards an engine swap on my 2007 AWD. Probably will get a long block with rectangular intake ports depending on what is available. I have a couple questions about part re-use and using parts on hand.

Does the stock engine cover still adapt/fit onto the L92 intake?

I have some 60# LS3 injectors left over from another project. Will I need some spacers if I to use these with the stock LS2 rails?

Any replies appreciated!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
231 Posts
The L92 intake has slightly different fuel rails, but are the stock LS2 size. Yes, the engine cover will fit. You just need to swap over the pieces that attach to the cover and you’re good to go.

I went with the long block as well, and the ONLY thing I needed was the L92 intake. Well, I did have to swap over the oil pressure sending unit.

I highly suggest solving the oil starvation issue before putting the new engine in. I went with the PCMofNC relocation kit, but there are other options as well. 2007 has a 58x crank, correct? If so, it’s all plug and play. Probably need a tune though afterwards.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response! Yep, 2007 is the 58x, and I'll look into the oil starvation solutions.

Just to clarify, I will need to get an L92 intake that includes fuel rails?

·
Registered
324 Posts
@dfwwiz has got the oil baffle for the awd pan to address oil sloshing back too fast and the factory pickup running dry.

Here is a video on it and explanation

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
231 Posts
Yes, they mount to the intake manifold differently. I believe I got one from an Escalade that came with the rails. Swapped injectors and good to go!

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am headed towards an engine swap on my 2007 AWD. Probably will get a long block with rectangular intake ports depending on what is available. I have a couple questions about part re-use and using parts on hand.

Does the stock engine cover still adapt/fit onto the L92 intake?

I have some 60# LS3 injectors left over from another project. Will I need some spacers if I to use these with the stock LS2 rails?

Any replies appreciated!
There are several upgrades for the worlds worst oil pan however IMO the place to start (and again, IMO) is with an accumulator. It can connect into the pan on the rear drivers side where there are 2 hex key plugs (oil cooler connection location) or by adding an adapter at the oil filter. All the upgrades work however this one protects even a stock motor that gets "hotdogged" once in a while.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts