Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
ADHD
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed Kooks LT's last night with Y-pipe and a Corsa touring catback... The muffler is huge - and bumps against the frame rail and a cross member under it... Anyone run into this before? Should I use smaller rubber hangars to lift it more?

Thanks!
Erik

·
Premium Member
2007 Trailblazer SS
1,740 Posts
You can raise up the back of the y-pipe because of the ball and socket joints on the collectors and I put a hose clamp around the rubber hanger and that will raise it up and keep it off the cross bar. twisting the tail pipe while clamps are loose should push muffler of frame rail. put somthing between muffler and frame and tighten clamps.

·
ADHD
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can raise up the back of the y-pipe because of the ball and socket joints on the collectors and I put a hose clamp around the rubber hanger and that will raise it up and keep it off the cross bar. twisting the tail pipe while clamps are loose should push muffler of frame rail. put somthing between muffler and frame and tighten clamps.
Awesome. Thank you!

·
06 TrailblazerSS 2wd
3,510 Posts
i had the very same issue, and the same exact exhaust. what i did was loosen both collectors and the clamps on both sides of the muffler and the very last hanger.(MAKE SURE ALL THE LOOSE JOINTS MOVE FREELY SO THAT EVERYTHING WILL SETTLE IN PLACE). use 2x4's for spacers lifting the muffler up on the cross member use a 2x4 for a spacer spacing the muffler away from the frame. then use a phone book "my phone book is about 1" thick" and wrap it around the y its self giving you space between the cross member and the frame at the same time. after all that is done tighten everything back up good and tight then remove all the spacers and the exhaust should settle right where it needs to be.

Good Luck

·
ADHD
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i had the very same issue, and the same exact exhaust. what i did was loosen both collectors and the clamps on both sides of the muffler and the very last hanger.(MAKE SURE ALL THE LOOSE JOINTS MOVE FREELY SO THAT EVERYTHING WILL SETTLE IN PLACE). use 2x4's for spacers lifting the muffler up on the cross member use a 2x4 for a spacer spacing the muffler away from the frame. then use a phone book "my phone book is about 1" thick" and wrap it around the y its self giving you space between the cross member and the frame at the same time. after all that is done tighten everything back up good and tight then remove all the spacers and the exhaust should settle right where it needs to be.

Good Luck
Very cool....thanks for all the info!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts