Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Background: I live in Vegas where its 100+ for about 6 months of the year.

So, I have an 07 with a 408 TVS1900, that has had cooling issues for awhile.
It started with the stock LS2 and TVS1900...when I first bought it. I upgraded to the dual Spal Fans, This helped alot.
Fast forward to the 408...back to heating issues when its over 90...
I upgraded the radiator to a Cold Case (actually I bought 2 on accident and they wouldnt let me return one, so now I have to sell it for a loss LOL)
This seemed to improve it, but only for a short time. The car would run steady at 210...then go to 230...hold that for a while then slam to 250.

Warped the heads pretty bad, just got it all re-done.
I am thinking of swapping out the Tstat (maybe its not opening) and drilling a 1/8" hole for self bleeding.

Any Ideas?

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,592 Posts
What does the ls1 water pump do differently than the ls2 pump? Does it flow more coolant?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
1,157 Posts
Towards the end of the video he says it flows more, don't remember if it was 30% or 30gpm more but it's near the end of the video.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
56 Posts
Here is a different thread that discusses overheating/cooling issues. Just in case you haven't seen it already.

·
Registered
2007 RWD
25 Posts
I had the brushes go bad on what was supposed to be new fans. One fan worked fine and the second fan would come on but wasn’t pulling enough air. It caused some strange intermittent overheating issues.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts