Premium Member
2008 Imperial Blue
4,473 Posts
Check with Evil (Steve)

·
XPTBSS
TrailblazerSS
4,249 Posts
mine ran about 10-15 degrees cooler. The better benefit was the amount of time it took to cool down after beating on it. It would cool down MUCH faster with the fan. Also if you mount the fan I would recommend making it a pusher that way the excess heat off the cooler doesn't go thru the electronics of the fan and shorten the life.

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok did you do the thermo controlled one. i have just the fan i was going to wire it in to my efans so when my efans came on it was on also. or do you think wiring it to key on would keep it cooler.

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD - 3SS TBSS
2,617 Posts
There is a wiring kit (summitracing.com) that turns on the fan with the ignition switch... You can also wire in a toggle switch to stop it from coming on in the winter...

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PRF-30101/

I haven't wired it in yet, since I haven't install a stall convertor yet... ANd the PCMforless cooler is doing a fine job by itself...

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD - 3SS TBSS
2,617 Posts
If you have a newer harness, probably won't be a problem... I'd contact Alvin other wise, I'm not sure that this is the best solution (electrically)...

Plus by independantly running the cooler fan, you will take a little load off of your radiator (by keeping the trans fluid cooler)... You'll actually be helping the trans fluid take some heat away from the engine coolant...

i was just going to wire it into my efans.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts