Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Coolant Overflow Reservoir Empty

Looking at potentially purchasing a very nice 06 TBSS, discussed in further detail here - http://www.tbssowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67510, and noticed yesterday that the coolant overflow reservoir was pretty much empty. Checked the coolant level in the radiator and it was fine, the coolant was clean, and the oil was clean. Furthermore, the truck didn't run hot (around 200-210) or have any visible leaks.

Is this a common issue that anyone has experienced with their TBSS, or should I be concerned about potential coolant consumption due to a failing head gasket or something of that nature?

Any advice/insight would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,619 Posts
I would say if the radiator is full and the oil looks good, sometimes the coolant leaks out of the resevoir bottle if the cap seal is bad. The dexcool does dry out if exposed to air. I have to add coolant to the resevoir every now-and-then.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would say if the radiator is full and the oil looks good, sometimes the coolant leaks out of the resevoir bottle if the cap seal is bad. The dexcool does dry out if exposed to air. I have to add coolant to the resevoir every now-and-then.
Great, reassuring info - Thanks. I'm actually at the Chev dealer right now getting it inspected, so we shall see if anything bad is going on shortly.

·
Premium Member
06 TrailblazerSS
4,726 Posts
Same for me.:dunno:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Glad I got an inspection

Well, there's a laundry list...

Front pinion seal leak
Brakes are shot
Slight oil seepage at back of engine - Rear main seal
Seepage around water pump**
Pin hole in CV Joint
CD player doesn't work

Need I say more? Back to the drawing board...

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,619 Posts
Wow thats a lot of issues. Good thing you've got it in for service.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.