Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Start the 06 tb ss up, no leak, gets to about 100 Celsius and starts to leak pretty good. Shut the truck off and reached down under the hose clamp near the thermostat housing and it's wet. Is this usually the o ring or gasket or should I buy a front housing also? Thanks

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
1,046 Posts
Start the 06 tb ss up, no leak, gets to about 100 Celsius and starts to leak pretty good. Shut the truck off and reached down under the hose clamp near the thermostat housing and it's wet. Is this usually the o ring or gasket or should I buy a front housing also? Thanks
Get a new thermostat. Comes with gasket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Get a new thermostat. Comes with gasket

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for responding Mike, so Saturday I tried just a new gasket.. Nope... Leaked.. So I've ordered the housing and thermostat from rock auto for "round two"

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
143 Posts
How positive are you that it isn’t the hose clamp or the hose that attaches to the thermostat housing?

·
Premium Member
Sold
5,922 Posts
I am with sahl - I would think that the hose would fail before the gasket. Possible the clamp has cut into it over time or the hose has a small crack in that is not visible but enough to leak when the pressure builds up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey guys here's a video of the leak, see what you think.. Yes it could still be the hose but the coolant would have to change levels going up a step after the thickness of hose to the o. d. Of the inlet of the thermostat housing... Not sure. Trailblazer ss coolant leak

1 - 7 of 7 Posts