Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Hater
Duh
9,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I exit the freeway after my 20min commute and come to a light and smell coolant. I get home a couple mins later and pop the hood and the smell is strong. I can see coolant spray on the cross member, the side of the washer resv. and on the fram under the a/c compressor. All the hoses are snug and i cant find it dripping from anywhere. Everything around the water pump is dry and not stained. Also the coolant tank was low so I added. And two days ago when I drove it last, it got a bath and the coolant level was good. I have 5 month old jetttstream radiator hoses but they dont appear to have any holes. Dashhawk showed temp was normal. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,274 Posts
Have you looked under the hood while the vehicle was running? It might be a pin size hole that a naked eye will not be able to see.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,274 Posts
I believe so. It might be leaking from the lines coming from the reservoir its if the washer tank has traces of coolant. I've had to replace those lines before.

·
Premium Member
06 3SS
1,279 Posts
I had a similar issue. My leak was between the AC condenser and radiator. The foam between the two was soaked. Turns out it was leaking where the plastic end tank crimps to the core. Rockauto.com has a OEM replacement for $150 and it was a drain plug on it.

·
Hater
Duh
9,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it was definately coming from where the lower radiator hose meets the water pump. The clamp wasnt loose but it wasnt tight either...there was a little coolant on that clamp. SO i tightened and its not leaking now...hopefully that was it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts