Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I have been readin up on the diff converters. My 2 choices are vig and yanks 3600. Whats the diff in size? I am not ever goin to tow. Weekend fun races but i dont want to lose top end.

Whats would u guys recommend? For a converter. ?

I also run a zex wet kit 100 shot ;-)

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is the 3200 better than 3600? And whats the diff from sizes of the actual diameter?:D

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:burp:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. So yank then?

·
Banned
3,510 Posts
yanks especially the ptb vs ss converters drive better on the street, I have seen the yanks more consistant at the track. Had a few vig trucks run very well at the track over yanks but time and time again for the cookie cutter combo's the yanks have the best package deal

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So performance wise the vig? Street wise the yank? I no im retRdd3d sometime lol but ur guys input is goin to sway me one way or another. :coolthumb:

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS AWD
31,502 Posts
So performance wise the vig? Street wise the yank? I no im retRdd3d sometime lol but ur guys input is goin to sway me one way or another. :coolthumb:
The Yank is definitely better on the street. I wouldn't go as far as saying the Vig has a performance advantage at the track over an equivalent Yank but they do perform in that capacity. I like the PTB3600 Yank for most builds.

·
Banned
TBSS
11,699 Posts
Stay away from Vig, seen this a few to many times.

I won't get into details, but lets say it was handled very bad by the install shop and vig.

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS
4,834 Posts
Stay away from Vig, seen this a few to many times.

I won't get into details, but lets say it was handled very bad by the install shop and vig.
That looks like it wasn't shimmed correctly. If flexplate to converter spacing is too much it will do exactly that.

·
The Lurker
TrailblazerSS 06
13,844 Posts
If that verter is Thobarts, I can assure you it was shimmed perfectly! EVILSS had destroyed a couple of Vigs as well, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't let it run either without being shimmed properly.....................

·
Banned
TBSS
11,699 Posts
That looks like it wasn't shimmed correctly. If flexplate to converter spacing is too much it will do exactly that.
Well tell that to the shop who did it, because they didn't want to hear it. Now on the other hand, I have never had that happen when I installed it. Proof of poster above. :cheers1:

·
MOST HATED
Trailblazer SS
3,915 Posts
I like my vig, but Id recommend yank. The vig locks up hard and definitely takes some getting used to. I can see it becoming unpleasant to drive around all of the time. Take a ride in my truck and a hard locking converter will be the last thing you worry about. Need to wear hearing protection to DD it

1 - 20 of 29 Posts