Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have searched the forums and have been unable to find an answer to these 2 quick questions.

Background:
I have a 2007 AWD TBSS (owned since 2009) and have maintained it religiously but the front diff now has metal in the fluid. It hasn’t failed yet but it is only a matter of time. The cost of replacing / rebuilding the front diff is too high and I plan on converting to 2wd (I don’t want to install a 4wd transfer case and remove the front axle halves and go that route).

1. Question - VSS Sensors on transfer case?:
A tranny shop up here in Kanada has given me a Fairly reasonable quote on converting my 4L70E to 2wd (tranny rebuild and new output shaft and 2wd tail shaft assembly) but states there is a lot of wiring required to do the conversion indicating there are several VSS sensors connected to the transfer case that need to be re-wired so they can be attached to the tranny once converted to 2WD. I don’t see em when I crawl under the truck.

Can someone confirm if this is the case?

2. Question - Tranny Crossmember:
The tranny shop also says I need either a 2wd cross-member of that mine will have to be modified.

Can someone confirm if this is the case Or whether i can use the existing cross member without modification.

Many thanks in advance.

Markit

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
73 Posts
The AWD case on the tbss has only one speed sensor, and it's identical to the one on the 2wd version. It will plug right in. No wiring conversion needed at all... But you may have to wind up the extra about 8"of harness that the awd has.

Crossmember is the same, and 90 percent sure the mount is too.

The toughest part would be the swap of the output shaft in the trans, which isn't bad either

Oh, if you want to be perfect on the conversion, you need a 2wd yaw sensor and reprogram the BCM for a 2wd stability control program, but it's probably not required

1 - 2 of 2 Posts