Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Well the passanger side upper control arm bushings are shot. Couple questions if I may.

Uppers are shot, can I assume the lowers are also?

With the passenger side being toast, would the driver side be soon to follow?

Can anyone direct me to a couple links where you all would suggest I pick up some new gear from? Nothing crazy, I mostly tow with the rig.

I hear we get to just replace the entire control arm on these cars, does the same go for the lowers.

And lastly is there a write-up for replacing the upper/lower bushings.

Car is a 2006 TBSS AWD 130,000MILES.

Thank you all for the help.

·
Administrator
Trailblazer SS
30,399 Posts
You cab use oem to replace. If you plan on lowering I would do my modded uppers and has poly bushings will last longer. Good from stock height to lowered 3 inches

Shocks ok on it?

·
Registered
06 TrailblazerSS AWD
867 Posts
I have the modded upper a arms from Tony. I bought all ball joints and bushings but you need a press to get them out so I then I bought the whole lower a arm and comes with all bushings and ball joint for 150 ish per side and it is Moog. Easier to go that route for me. I was able to return my bushings I had to rockauto but I still have upper and lower ball joints if your interested let me know.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,313 Posts
I'm happy with my prothane control arm bushing kit...they have a full replacement kit for upper and lower arms...

They improve steering response, corner control and most of the "squishy" feel that you'll sometimes get under hard braking...not the nose dive, but the squirmy feel of the stock rubber bushings flexing...

They are easy enough to replace, if you need ball joints I'd just get new arms all together, but I'd still buy the poly bushings and replace the OEM junk

Just my .02¢

I have the prothane LCA bushings and Tony's modified UCA...and a full suspension and chassis bolt ons, and I love it!

Reactions: 07Silver

·
Jedi Knight
Saab 9-7x Aero
510 Posts

·
Registered
Saab 9-7x Aero
190 Posts
It comes with Upper and lower.

I have my old lower brackets if you want to buy them to have the poly bushings pressed in. (Avoid down time)

Your close enough to meet up?

·
Jedi Knight
Saab 9-7x Aero
510 Posts
Hmmmmm.. Let me look at my control arms tomorrow. You have photos of yours?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
19 Posts
I know this is old, but a piggyback!

I searched and found this.

But I wanted to piggyback.

Just wanted to confirm the lower arms for the 2wd and 4wd are the same? Just to reference I went to autozone.com and it says the arms are the same.

I am about to order the Prothane (7-242-BL) Control Arm Bushing Kit, Black.
However amazon shows it for the 4wd but not fitting the 2wd. Anyone?

Thanks for confirming!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts