Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last summer I changed to LS7 lifters and rob cams, PCM said to go with the stock pushrod length which I did. (I know I should have measured) but now I am reading that you should go with the 7.35 pushrods with LS7 lifters. What would the consequences be if they're too long? I have read just a little noisier valve-train. Could it lead to a loss of power? Sometimes at WOT it will cut out for like half a second and then keep going like nothing happened. NO CELS etc

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD 3SS
8,588 Posts
Cutting out a half second and then coming back is not pushrod length. Excessive valve train noise and lifter floating...now that's possible.

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Do you have a stall converter?

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Like when your wide open it will have a hiccup?

Reactions: Billbillracing

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
It's in your tune because of the converter. Mine did it all the time with cheaper circle d converter. Put a TS billet converter and it doesn't do it. I think it was causing the knock sensors to cut timing.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My tuner is working remotely on revising my tune through data logs because he is 3 hours away. How would I explain this to him? Because everytime im data logging it doesnt do it

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS RWD
1,795 Posts
Nevermind. I didn't refresh the page before posting lol

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
658 Posts
Tuner should be familiar with this one or you need a different tuner IMO. Seems to be a fairly well known thing here.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was curious about the loss of power because I am only pulling about half a car to a car on stock Tbss's. Rob cam with supporting mods and 3200 stall

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
658 Posts

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
Alvin tuned mine the first time and he couldn't get rid of it 100%. Changed cam again and a different tuner, he couldn't get rid of it without turning the knock sensors almost off to where he didn't feel safe leaving them like that. I said leave them alone in case me or the wife were to put 87 fuel in it on accident. Trans went out and again and I bought a better converter and it might do it 1 in a hundred times now.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
658 Posts
What converter brands are causing the issues?

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
12,861 Posts
I would assume it would be the cheap basic converters that are reworked GM converters.

~Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines~

1 - 20 of 29 Posts