Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after a number of attempts to install a PCMofNC catch can, I finally got it going. I’ve probably spent 5-7 long nights figuring it out.

Why? Well none of the included bracket options worked well when you have long tubes. I ended up making my own bracket from aluminum stock, that angles forward and up 30deg above the pcm/tcm in front of the power steering reservoir.

As for the hose hook up, their instructions aren’t the greatest and rather generic. But what was the “best,” applicable option looked like hooking it up between the driver rear valve cover vent and the very top center of the tbss intake manifold.

Basically, take that existing hard line that connected those two points, and replace with hose and the catch can in between.

I know there are half a dozen other ways to do this…. But is this acceptable? Or should I have done something with a Y coupler that joined both valve covers together or something? Which wasn’t covered in the instructions as an option.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have this kit on mine, 2007, and the bracket that came with mine worked great. No interference at all. I hook lines up per the instructions.
Gas Automotive tire Engineering Auto part Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Clutch_07SS my problem is that it was too low, touched a few lines and harnesses, and not easily serviceable to drain.

Now I have it in the front, right ahead of the power steering reservoir and above the pcm. I can easily unscrew the bottom half to drain and check it.

·
Premium Member
'08 Silver TBSS
4,620 Posts
I did not like the PCM cylinder mounting kit as it also made my catch can sit too low and was a pain to remove the lower part of the can as it hit the lines/cables beneath it. Also it was rubbing on the steel braided brake booster line rubbing thru the catch can metal.

I since went with a MM alternator bracket mount and extended the lines with new hoses. Much easier to access the can.

Reactions: Mitch808

·
Registered
34 Posts
Maybe my bracket is bent a little different as I don’t have those problems. As you can see in the picture when I do unscrew the bottom portion it will just touch the wiring harness under it but comes out easily.

I like that MM placement!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts