Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

Components in all 4 doors?

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  RaiderSS 
#1 ·
I'm trying to build a system in my truck but keep seeing deals for getting 2 sets of components cheaper than a set of components and a set of coaxials. My question is will this hurt or improve sound quality in a system consisting of door speakers and a single sub?

#2 ·
I have components up front (tweeter in dash = better sound stage) and coaxials in the passenger doors. Depending upon how much power you push the fronts the rears are more of a supporting role. Unless you willing to cut holes in the passenger doors to mount the tweeter, then I suggest you go with coaxials.

I chose a single sub for quality over large amounts of bass. The side benefit is I have room in the back to carry things and its not a physical burden to take out the sub. If you want more bass with a single then go with a 12".

Have fun shopping....:cheers1:

#3 ·
I have comps in the rear. I put the tweets on the D pillar I guess it is. Right at the small gap where the trim is did colors top and bottom. They r kinda hidden and I think u get better staging than a coax. I see if I have a pic, if not I'll get one later

#4 ·
My truck has components up front and coaxials in the back, it sounds good but in my Impala I have components in the front and the rear deck, the staging is better if you can find a clean way to mount tweeters in the back.

#8 ·
I've never considered that I'll mock it up and see if I like it, looks good from your pics. Another thing I have to consider is kids! I have a 1 year old and just found out my wife's pregnant. Maybe coaxials might just be the key for me

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.