Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Chevy TBSS
50 Posts
Update to my previous post. Can anyone else hear Taps playing?
Oh, yeah? Hold my beer...this pan and magnet are from the 4th of 6 transmissions, an RPM Level 5 after about 15k miles on the rebuild (from RPM - not me). And yes, that is the magnet, not a wire wheel brush I left in the pan.

Okay, technically 3 new transmissions and 3 extremely substantial rebuilds of those 3. Well, not counting the OEM which I broke the sun shell in at about 1000 miles outside the warranty. So maybe that's 7? I've lost count.

And since transmission #6 (or is it 7?) just went in today, surely posting these pictures will be good transmission karma, right?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
266 Posts
Shudder in 4th is almost ALWAYS the torque converter clutch. You can reduce the symptom by putting a bottle of transmedic in, or even a 1/4 quart of motor oil. The real fix is a new converter.
So did the lubgard fix the 4th gear TQ converter problem?

·
Registered
07 TBSS
158 Posts
I just put a new 4l70 in my awd and regular driving it does fine no shifting problems what so ever but if I wot for alittle bit the down shifts and you shifts after that become very harsh any help?

·
Premium Member
Sold
5,827 Posts
I just put a new 4l70 in my awd and regular driving it does fine no shifting problems what so ever but if I wot for alittle bit the down shifts and you shifts after that become very harsh any help?
Fluid level good? If you changed the converter might need to have the tune touched up.

·
Registered
07 TBSS
158 Posts
Fluid level good? If you changed the converter might need to have the tune touched up.
That’s what I was thinking I cleaned my throttle body and maf due to that happening too with that build up. But my next thought was in the tune just didn’t know for a fact if I dropped a new trans in would that need to be retuned and yes to the next questions I’m full Boltons and been tuned before.

·
Registered
07 TBSS
158 Posts
The only thing that doesn’t make me think it’s not the tune is that it’s intermittent. It only happens every once in a blue moon but once it does it once it will always do it until I turn the truck off and let it sit for awhile

81 - 89 of 89 Posts