Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
07 TrailblazerSS awd
374 Posts
An update on my truck after dropping it at Fast Motorsports in Woodstock today. Spline on front axle and splines inside differential were both stripped almost smooth. I'd like to thank Katie for show and tell with broken parts from my truck and Brandon for working with me to get it fixed. I'll definitely be going back for future service and upgrades.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
25 Posts
From what I read, my problem isn't listed, when I go to get on it WOT, sometimes, nor always, the trans seems to slip, and it just revs and stops accelerating, I have to let off the gas and then press it again for it to start accelerating again , any ideas?
My trans has 93k and has been doing the same in high gears, basicly from 3-4 any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
Trailblazer SS
82 Posts
Uh oh, My Speedometer just stopped working, I figured it was some electrical bug but now im worried its because of the trans...shit

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
46 Posts
I am having a number 23 problem. I contacted Kelly and she does not know what could have cause it. I checked the TCM fuse. Is there any other things I can check before I send it in to get the TCM checked

·
Registered
06 TrailblazerSS
1 Posts
TBSS Trans issue, Need help!

We have an 06 TBSS, bone stock, the trans started acting goofy last week and made the engine light come on, gave me code P0716, Trans turbine / input shaft speed sensor. Does anyone know where this thing is? Is it in the pan? I only see one speed sensor on the outside of the trans, and that's @ the rear of the trans, is that it or am I just not that lucky?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
81 Posts
Mine jumps out of gear when in OD on the 1-2 shift but works fine when in D. When in D it still shifts hard enough to chip the drag radials. I dropped my fluid tonite and u can see some metalic but nothing serious. I'm confused as to why it works fine in D and not OD if it was toast shouldn't it not matter where the gear shift is?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
297 Posts
Mine started having the #4 issue of hard, delayed shifts between 1-2, but all others were fine. It seemed to improve once the car was warmed up, but the car also seemed to "bog down" when given some healthy throttle in other gears. I had the full tranny flush after additives were put in to clear the junk. A month later and I have the same problem.

Any recommendations? The dash will stay in "1" for a while until the problem goes away then it goes into "D" after a while and roars back to life.

?????

Thanks

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
297 Posts
Great, thanks.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
266 Posts
I've lost 1st & 3rd, 3rd makes a bad grinding noise any guesses what's broke?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
15 Posts
Don't know if this falls under one of the known problems, didn't really seem to fit.

When driving, 1st, 2nd and 3rd all work just fine. When it drops into 4th (OD) it starts to shake (wobble) the entire car horribly. It is not coming from the front end as the steering wheel does not shake itself.

I am not sure if this is just the clutch for 4th went out, or what exactly could be the problem.

P.S. I can still give it gas in 4th and it will accelerate slowly, the wobble just keeps getting worse though until it drops to 3rd and then it is completely gone. So 4th is not completely gone, because it will still drive in 4th, but obviously something is wrong.

Please help.

·
Premium Member
1,190 Posts
Check codes for a possible misfire, when the truck goes to overdrive and the converter is locked it really loads the engine, any misfire will cause a pronounced shake. This type of problem can also be caused by a slipping converter clutch though not as likely

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
15 Posts
Check codes for a possible misfire, when the truck goes to overdrive and the converter is locked it really loads the engine, any misfire will cause a pronounced shake. This type of problem can also be caused by a slipping converter clutch though not as likely
When I start from a stop in (3rd) is shakes a little as well (just testing all options).

You think it could possibly be the converter locking up?

I have a Yank PTB 3200 stall. If that makes any difference.

·
Premium Member
1,190 Posts
Having the computer scanned by a competent tech would really help here to determine what might be going on with your truck. Having a slight shudder from a standing start seems like a good indicator of an engine misfire, this could be fuel or spark related. Paying for a professional diagnosis is the cheapest way to fix a modern vehicle, it saves from having to replace parts till you get it right, which is something I see all too often.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
15 Posts
Having the computer scanned by a competent tech would really help here to determine what might be going on with your truck. Having a slight shudder from a standing start seems like a good indicator of an engine misfire, this could be fuel or spark related. Paying for a professional diagnosis is the cheapest way to fix a modern vehicle, it saves from having to replace parts till you get it right, which is something I see all too often.
got the codes checked, the car is not throwing a misfire code, was only OBII so I couldn't see the 2 body codes that it threw.

It is starting to feel more like #26;
. Torque converter shudder in 4th while lockup is engaged; problem goes away when the brake pedal is pressed slightly to unlock converter. Have a shop verify line pressure, and provided no valves in the TCC hydraulic circuit are worn, replace the torque converter. Also, Lubegard Shudder Fix will at least fix this for awhile. Or try a transmission flush by a shop that uses BG brand products

The "shudder" is so bad that idk if it could just be a clutch pack or something of that sort. It literally shakes the entire car, as if it is something heavy.

I just wouldn't expect a Yank PTB 3200 to have that problem..

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
15 Posts
How about a 3rd to 4th 1-2 second shift Delay at wot?
No, I have not taken it WOT since the problem occured.

Has anyone tried the lubeguard shutter fix fluid?!? Or recommend anything specific?

Any other remedies?

41 - 60 of 89 Posts