Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
07 tbss awd
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Accidentally found this while cruising the interwebs:

https://www.coldcaseradiators.com/product/06-09-chevy-trailblazer-ss-aluminum-performance-radiator

Never heard of the company and no idea about quality. The price is decent and a quick google search says people think the company makes decent stuff.

Just thought I would pass this on and open it for discussion.

Biggest downside I see is that there is no cutout in the upper tank for the rubber top mount. So it may be worth the extra money to not take on that possible headache. It mentions in the description that the mount will need to be modified.

BONUS- seems to be a fairly stable company and they have a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
2007 TBSS
39 Posts
Was curious about this.
Site says direct bolt in, but your right, it doesn’t have the hood mount notch that the Superior brand radiator has.
Anyone use either brand to increase cooling?

·
Premium Member
07 tbss awd
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I now have some experience with this brand. I have a cold case radiator in my Jeep. Well made, fit perfectly and cools well, not sure what else to say, have only had it a few months so if I have some problems I’ll report back on durability.

Haven’t seen one in a tbss yet.

I think you will find most people on here use the FSR radiator.

·
Registered
2007 TBSS
39 Posts
The FSR and Superior radiator look very much alike. do you notice cooler engine temps with the FSR?

I’m running a 402 stroker, and was curious if the stock radiator was one row or 2 row.

I’m running a single SPAL electric fan, and will upgrade to the 3 relay, 2 HD SPAL setup from PCMofNC. Either way I’m going to make it cooler, one step at a time.

·
Registered
SSR & TBSS
104 Posts
The FSR is nearly twice as wide as the stocker.. I am in Phoenix and with the heat the last two weeks, I have seen a big difference (cooler temps) running the FSR vs stock radiator.

·
Registered
2007 TBSS
39 Posts
Cool. Ty ZACAZ.

Definitely familiar with Phoenix heat.
I noticed engine running above 210 sitting (with stock radiator and e-fan) at lights here when outside temps reach ~100.

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
268 Posts
Great post! My 408 runs at 210* all the time here in central Florida. Even in the interstate at 80 mph it stays at 208*. It will get up to 220* sitting in the drive through. I have dual Spal E-fans and it just runs a little too hot for me. I think the bigger radiator is a must with a stroker build. I honestly think the long tubes are the big reason for the heat in the engine bay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2007 TBSS
39 Posts
Maybe we should wrap the headers.
Lord knows I don’t want to drop them for the ceramic coating!

Had I bought em, they’d have been coated first

·
Registered
2008 TrailblazerSS
268 Posts
Maybe we should wrap the headers.
Lord knows I don’t want to drop them for the ceramic coating!

Had I bought em, they’d have been coated first
Yeah, I was going to wrap them and I got anxious getting the truck back together. Then I calls local coaters and they wanted a ton of money. I should have just done it the right way instead of rushing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts