Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so I have a 2007 tbss with 38,000 miles it is lowered with tony arms and bell tech drop strut with 8mm spacer in the front and has the spring kit in the back, so I told my truck to tn with my boat in trail, while I was backing the boat in I cut the wheel all the way to the left and heard a loud popping noise so I tried turning it to the right and it done the same thing? I got home and put the truck in the air and had someone turn the wheel while I was under but it don't make noise when its in the air? And I also notice my tires are wearing on the inside! I have no clue what is going on and I'm getting really aggravated with this truck I have nothinng but issues since i bought and it was a tn certified vehicle, any help would be greatly appreciated...I'm awd

·
Premium Member
08 Black Granite
4,004 Posts
Balljoint?

·
Premium Member
08 Black Granite
4,004 Posts
Does your CV boots have any tears or rips in them?
Tie rods will make a pop at full lock out as well

A bad balljoint deff. needs to be addressed with a quickness.

When was the last time you had an alignment done?

You mentioned un-even tire wear, are they cupped or just un-even?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had it aligned 2 months ago, the tires are wearing out on the insides, no I never noticed and ropes or anything while I was under it!

·
Registered
07 Black 2WD TBSS
193 Posts
You need to turn the wheel back and forth with the weight of the truck on the tires. As someone turns it, crawl underneath and put your hand on the tie rod end, ball joint, etc. When it goes pop, you should be able to feel what part is making the noise even if you can't get your ear up to it.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You need to turn the wheel back and forth with the weight of the truck on the tires. As someone turns it, crawl underneath and put your hand on the tie rod end, ball joint, etc. When it goes pop, you should be able to feel what part is making the noise even if you can't get your ear up to it.
I'm gonna go try this when I'm off, I'm just concerned if I can get my arms up there with the truck on the ground

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
663 Posts
check and look under the wheel well to see if your tire rubs ... and to see if the a arm stamps the inner wheel well if if u see that then thats probally the noise other wise the ball joints witch i gotta replace this week lol

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok guys i figured i would update this incase anyone else has the same issue, Well right before i went on vacation my truck was at a dealer here in columbus getting a new front diff and and a oil pan gasket and after me not being able to figure anything out with the noise i took it to a local front end shop and come to find out the dealer ship must have FORGOTTEN to tight the rack and pinion!! So i just got the truck back they tightened and re aligned it for the hell of it and the truck is back to perfect again. Do you guys think there is anything i can do about the bill i just had to pay considering it was the dealerships fault?

·
Premium Member
08 Black Granite
4,004 Posts
Hell yes. Remain civil but make your plea to the service write manager. They should easily be able to pull the work done and the dates and line that up with your new bill. Hope it works out and glad you figured it out!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts