Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
05 TrailblazerSS AWD
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what does everyone one use to clean the OEM 20's??? Mothers polish? I have mine off for the winter and want to clean them.

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Soap and water

·
Registered
2008 AWD 3SS
947 Posts
After having mine replaced almost paranoid to put anything on them. Whatever the last person did or/if GM did they looked like crap. :2cents:

·
Premium Member
'07 SS3 Silverstone
3,805 Posts
That depends. How dirty are they?

I would recommend a Power Stick and Green Wheel Cleaner from Adam's. That's if they are pretty caked on with crap and brakedust. Once you get the majority of that crap off, you can treat them like the rest of your paint. Adam's Car Shampoo works wonders on those wheels.

·
Premium Member
2,234 Posts
what does everyone one use to clean the OEM 20's??? Mothers polish? I have mine off for the winter and want to clean them.
Do you want to clean or polish? or both?

Like others have suggested soap and water is all you need for basic maintenance, if you need something to help cut thru more substantial brake dust buildup our green wheel cleaner is the way to go.

As far as polishing the OEM wheels are actually a clear coat paint finish, not polished aluminum. So if you have any defects or hazing you would polish them with the same products used to correct any other painted panel on your TBSS.

I'd also recommend that you wax or seal your wheels regularly. A good coat of wax or sealant will help protect them and by reducing surface tension make them easier to clean.

·
Premium Member
07 Black TBSS
6,248 Posts
Don't forget the wheel hoops and inner fenders. I hate seeing sparking clean wheel surface with dirty hoops and fenders.

·
Registered
05 TrailblazerSS AWD
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the info guys..i keep them real clean and wax them regularly...just have them off for winter and they dont shine as they used to so i wanted to get the shine back..

·
Suckin' Gas & Haulin' Ass
08 Trailblazer 3SS
6,103 Posts
I did what Dylan suggested and my wheels are amazing!!! Not only do they get less dirty (brake dust doesnt stick to the wax as easy) but they are so much easier to clean now that they are waxed!!!!

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,781 Posts
Soap/water and a few coats of wheel sealant.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts