Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having hard 1-2 gear shifts and sometimes it felt like downshifts were going to rip the truck apart. I cleaned the MAF tonight and took the truck out. It feels soooo much better! It shifts much better than before the cleaning. I am 100% stock so I assume until I get a tune it will still shift semi-hard. I'am just happy it's not shifting like an epeleptic at a rave anymore!

Thank you to the TBSSOWNERS.com family for the tip! :bigarmhug:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,141 Posts
I wish that worked for me, tried it twice and no luck. I usually let off the gas while it shifts to prevent the hard shift.. annoying.

·
Just a noob
TrailblazerSS
6,206 Posts
every 100 shifts it slams into second... should i clean my maf.... or with 60k on the clock do i finally get another tranny ''and no not jj''

·
=ЯΛWSSUM=
TrailblazerSS
1,137 Posts
what steps and products do you guys use to clean the MAF?

·
making friends daily
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
9,331 Posts
I wish that worked for me, tried it twice and no luck. I usually let off the gas while it shifts to prevent the hard shift.. annoying.
This happened to mine. It was the input speed sensor:2cents:

·
Registered
07 AWD TBSS
104 Posts
I think I'm going to try this over the weekend. Mine doesn't really shift too hard, but sometimes it will shift harder than others. Maybe the MAF cleaning will help.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
64 Posts
I have similar issues as everyone explained. Shifts hard and sometimes I think it doesnt know what gear it wants to be in, has around 60k. I also let off the gas at times to reduce hard shifts. Will try Cleaner and post results. :beavisnbutthead:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts