Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Why? Because I’m about to pull the trigger on a TBSS very soon and trying to get a handle on the available mods. Its all about the mods these days, lol. Been checking shit out here for about a week now. :coolthumb:

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
Why? Because I’m about to pull the trigger on a TBSS very soon and trying to get a handle on the available mods. Its all about the mods these days, lol. Been checking shit out here for about a week now. :coolthumb:
What I am getting at is Chuck Cow is a Corvette tuner, there are fundamentally different parameter to tune in a Trailblazer...Plus with Chuck Vow, you pay the almighty Corvette Tax...save yourself the waste of time and just have a local tuner tune your truck in person!

·
Premium Member
2008 TB SS AWD 3SS
3,288 Posts
Alright guys, before everyone keeps bashing Chuck at CoW, he has tuned at least a few 5.3s and TB SSs so he knows what he's doing.

Im a HUGE fan of in-person/local tuning, but EFILive's AutoCal is by far the best way to get a "mail order" tune. But see, it starts as a mail order tune then becomes a tune setup for your truck. The beauty of an AutoCal unit is you can DATALOG and SEND the log to your tuner who can modify your tune, send you the new file via email, and you can upload it back to your truck.

Mail order tuning where you send your computers to a tuner is all but over, HPTuners is working on their similar product (saw a pic of it from SEMA a few years back), but havent heard anything about development or ETA. Once that happens, no more wasting $50 everytime you need a retune for shipping.

·
Me>Matt
6,756 Posts
whos bashing him? just giving him opinions.
why not get the tune right the first time and get it done in person than having to send back and forth datalogs/updated tunes.:2cents:

·
Premium Member
2008 Imperial Blue
4,473 Posts
Is it that different than using HPTuners to do a log, send it to your tuner, he tweaks it, then you load it?

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
It's only marginally better in the sense that the AutoCal is cheaper that buying HPT Pro Suite...But does the AutoCal actually have full Enhanced I/O's to run and log wideband???

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alright guys, before everyone keeps bashing Chuck at CoW, he has tuned at least a few 5.3s and TB SSs so he knows what he's doing.

Im a HUGE fan of in-person/local tuning, but EFILive's AutoCal is by far the best way to get a "mail order" tune. But see, it starts as a mail order tune then becomes a tune setup for your truck. The beauty of an AutoCal unit is you can DATALOG and SEND the log to your tuner who can modify your tune, send you the new file via email, and you can upload it back to your truck.

Mail order tuning where you send your computers to a tuner is all but over, HPTuners is working on their similar product (saw a pic of it from SEMA a few years back), but havent heard anything about development or ETA. Once that happens, no more wasting $50 everytime you need a retune for shipping.

Very well put Erik, he’s just not a Vette guy as most people think. If he’s programming Camaro, G8, GTO, Cady and all GM trucks I think TBSS wouldn’t be a prob. I'm well rounded in the tune and mod world, just wanted to share some tuning options out there I haven’t seen here. Looking forward to getting my TBSS.

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
If you are well rounded, then why are you having someone else tune your truck (when you get it)???

The best tuner is the one who cares about your truck and how it performs...We have over 300 hours into my tune and I would never trust anyone else, no matter what their reputation is, to do work on my truck!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you are well rounded, then why are you having someone else tune your truck (when you get it)???

The best tuner is the one who cares about your truck and how it performs...We have over 300 hours into my tune and I would never trust anyone else, no matter what their reputation is, to do work on my truck!

I’m just doing a CAI and Diablo tune when I get the SS and not dumping any real money into it. Just buying it for a DD. My toy is the Vette.

·
Premium Member
'08 TrailblazerSS
4,146 Posts
It's only marginally better in the sense that the AutoCal is cheaper that buying HPT Pro Suite...But does the AutoCal actually have full Enhanced I/O's to run and log wideband???
Yes and beyond that you can datalog with serial / digital input rather than analog for external inputs.

·
Premium Member
'08 TrailblazerSS
4,146 Posts
I don't care how good you think you can tune or how good you think your tuner is but your tune is never "done" There is always improvments to be made via datalogging and making additional adjustments. You can tweak and datalog until infinity and still not have every ounce of power tweaked out the motor. There are always compromises with tunes, you give up something to get something.

·
Willy M'Fn Wonka
07 Trailblazer SS
7,244 Posts
Jay... please update your avatar to show the current state of affairs...lol

1 - 20 of 44 Posts