Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
2008 AWD 3SS
947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if any one here has to pay a significant amount in child support. My sons father pays $5 a month ($.16 cents a day) and is $16k behind and it is quite irritating to be honest. He is in jail and the "government" finds it acceptable to send me 1/4 of his wages there. So I pay for him to be in jail (housing, food etc through tax $) and our son and he is allowed to keep his "earned" money? I'm obviously on the other end of the spectrum from most of you. But this pisses me off!

·
WANNABE SS OWNER
Trailblazer SS 2wd
16,025 Posts
He sounds like a real winner:doh:

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,012 Posts
5 a month? That might get you some socks. Damn this is sad to hear/read.

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
My mom fucked my dad royally in their divorce and ended up with all the properties (house and vacation cabin), 7 of the 8 cars, the motor home, the travel trailer, the boat, all the household possessions, the animals (we had a mini-ranch) custody of my brother and I, $350/mo for each of us in child support, then went back less than a year later and got it upped to $500/mo for each of us so she could support her high class partying lifestyle...When I was 12, I moved in with my dad, my brother stayed at my moms. That meant the child support should have been negated, right? WRONG, she still expected the child support for my brother, but would "allow" my dad to stop paying her for me...Fuck that bitch!

You can gather what I think about that... :)

In your situation, I can feel for you, but you should have picked the father of your baby more wisely...hind sight is 20/20 obviously, but having a baby with a dude ties you to him for a minimum of 18 years! Thats quite the commitment on your part...tough it out and make things work the best you can! That's what my did and although times were tough, he made it through!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
124 Posts
$654.18 a month for two children!!!! PM me for details,cause I have sen every side of Hamilton County Ohio!!

·
Premium Member
2007 AWD - 3SS TBSS
2,617 Posts
My friend pays $975 a month (for one daughter, now 15), all due to a one night stand... The mother assured him she was protected, then that she didn't want anything from him, 10 trips to court later, and the rest is history...

And he doesn't even make 100K...

·
415Muscle
07 TBSS 2WD
562 Posts
what money is he earning, that you feel entitled to? isnt he in jail? not defending him at all.sounds like a bag of trash, but thats just my opinion...go after his cars or stocks, etc...it will be hard to get money from him if hes working under the table, once hes out of jail...sorry your going thru that mess...

·
Banned
Supercharged TBSS
1,940 Posts
moral of the story dont creampie.....

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
4,185 Posts
I pay 950.00 a month for my son. I have to carry medical, dental, and vision insurance but we split all co-pays. We split everything else like clothes, school supplies, school lunchs ect 50-50.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
699 Posts
My mom fucked my dad royally in their divorce and ended up with all the properties (house and vacation cabin), 7 of the 8 cars, the motor home, the travel trailer, the boat, all the household possessions, the animals (we had a mini-ranch) custody of my brother and I, $350/mo for each of us in child support, then went back less than a year later and got it upped to $500/mo for each of us so she could support her high class partying lifestyle...When I was 12, I moved in with my dad, my brother stayed at my moms. That meant the child support should have been negated, right? WRONG, she still expected the child support for my brother, but would "allow" my dad to stop paying her for me...Fuck that bitch!

You can gather what I think about that... :)

In your situation, I can feel for you, but you should have picked the father of your baby more wisely...hind sight is 20/20 obviously, but having a baby with a dude ties you to him for a minimum of 18 years! Thats quite the commitment on your part...tough it out and make things work the best you can! That's what my did and although times were tough, he made it through!
Fortunately for me when my parents split me and my siblings were all of age and there was no child support involved. I hate it when this scenario plays out, The breadwinner ends up paying out the ass to support ones "lifestyle" when the one with the "lifestyle" usually doesn't even have a job. Not to mention they probably spend more money on themselves than the children. I say go get a fucking job and help provide for your offspring:2cents:

·
Trailblazer SS
15,616 Posts
Welcome to Ohio

·
Willy M'Fn Wonka
07 Trailblazer SS
7,244 Posts
Not that it really matters, and I hope the situation for your child improves financially to a reasonable level...but I got you ALL beat.

Long story short..I had to pay child support for a child that wasnt mine. Her uncle was the county prosecutor and manipulated the fucked up Indiana laws to deny me a dna test (Miss the first court date and by law the child is yours, and she never has to agree to a dna test...whether or not you were informed of the court date, as in my case). Fought this shit for 16 years (garnishments, jail for refusal to pay, stigma, etc.)...and finally won justice after her uncle (and his circle of friends in the prosecutor's office) in hicksville usa were gone...child not mine :)

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
Fortunately for me when my parents split me and my siblings were all of age and there was no child support involved. I hate it when this scenario plays out, The breadwinner ends up paying out the ass to support ones "lifestyle" when the one with the "lifestyle" usually doesn't even have a job. Not to mention they probably spend more money on themselves than the children. I say go get a fucking job and help provide for your offspring:2cents:
The funny part now is, my dad again owns 2 homes ($700k house & an 80 acre ranch) completely outright, 13 cars, a boat, all kinds of other toys and tools and lives a very comfortable happy life...

My mom on the other hand is in debt, owes more on her house than it's worth, has no contact with me (which could be good for her) and is pretty much with her current husband because he can provide I life for her to do nothing...Karma is a bitch!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
699 Posts
Not that it really matters, and I hope the situation for your child improves financially to a reasonable level...but I got you ALL beat.

Long story short..I had to pay child support for a child that wasnt mine. Her uncle was the prosecutor and manipulated the fucked up Indiana laws to deny me a dna test (Miss the first court date and by law the child is yours, and she never has to agree to a dna test...whether or not you were informed of the court date, as in my case). Fought this shit for 16 years...and finally won justice after her uncle (and his circle of friends on the prosecutor's office) in hicksville usa were gone...child not mine :)
That's about as bad as the lesbians sewing the donor for child support and winning, what is this justice system coming to:barf:

1 - 20 of 82 Posts