Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS 3
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should a change it or will it hurt it. I have 60k on it now and I want to service that trans so it last longer. The truck has a TCM tune on it?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
3,290 Posts
probley should hav done it awhile ago

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,012 Posts
I changed mine at thirty thousand and it was dirty. With a bunch of clutch material on the magnet. Plus it started slipping a bit when going into third gear.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
5,558 Posts
You should most definitely change it.

With these transes you should change it somewhat frequently as in 4 qts once a year if you just drive it normal. If you beat on it and race it you should do 4 qts about every 3 months.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

·
The Lurker
TrailblazerSS 06
13,844 Posts
I have 18K on my truck...and have changed the fluid twice! My work truck has 110K, and I've changed the fluid at least 6 times! (pulls a trailer) It's cheap insurance in my mind...

·
Premium Member
2006 Red Jewel AWD
11,641 Posts
I have 52k on my chassis and the trans fluid has been changed probably 10+ times...I should own stock in Redline Fluids! Or buy it by the 55 gallon drum...

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,159 Posts
My truck has 18k on and I have changed it twice,its cheap insurance.

·
Registered
07 TBSS
383 Posts
Fill entire system with Amsiol and a quality filter like Wix and you can go longer between filter and fluid changes, and you should be just fine to change your fluid now at 60k. Just dont wait that long next time.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,317 Posts
I changed all the fluid in my trans (drain and fill) is it necessary to change the filter? If I change it now do I have to replace all the fluid again? Truck has 51k

·
Registered
'06 TrailblazerSS
926 Posts
yes if you change your filter you will have to change fluid... you have to drop the pan to get to the filter...

·
Premium Member
Bet you cant tell
6,481 Posts
what fluid and filter are you guys using?

·
Premium Member
Bet you cant tell
6,481 Posts
i keep seeing part stores asking - shallow or deep oil pan

·
Premium Member
06 AWD SS
4,200 Posts
I changed my fluid at 48K when my trans blew. Now 20K over that and needing to change it. Should I drop the pan or get a flush and fill?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,317 Posts
Should I change the filter though? I'm not sure if its ever been done with the previous owner.

--

I used Valvoline Dex VI.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts