Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
QWK TBSS
TrailblazerSS
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright i have the magnaflow Catback on the SS, I wanted it a little louder so i ended up going with the Magnaflow 13269 in place of the middle muffler..

Now come to find out after i put it on that its a chamberd muffler instead of a straight threw exhaust,

now my question is, do you guys think im going to lose power/flow cause of it being chambered..

Btw, it does sound a lot better, but my gain concern is if its worse off then what i had..

also if anyone is trying to find out what magnaflow uses in place of the muffler on the catback its 14578

·
Premium Member
06 black awd tbss
5,953 Posts
I would imagine it would hurt performance a little, but not enough that you would notice. Maybe .01 at the track or so.

And wouldn't you think you would check to see if you can see straight through the muffler before installing to see that it was or wasn't straight through? lol :cheers1:

·
Resident NIP
06 SS Trailblazer
4,326 Posts
:iamwithstupid:

Exhaust is just sound on a bolt-on truck
Not when you cut the cats off or put cut outs on. These are proven to be a power gain and cut ets.

·
QWK TBSS
TrailblazerSS
545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would imagine it would hurt performance a little, but not enough that you would notice. Maybe .01 at the track or so.

And wouldn't you think you would check to see if you can see straight through the muffler before installing to see that it was or wasn't straight through? lol :cheers1:
Honestly, I didnt know magnaflow sold chambered exhaust systems, I thought they were all striaght threw...

thanks for the replys everyone

1 - 10 of 10 Posts