Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just installed my intake and tune from ADM in the SS and now I have a CEL. Called onstar and they said it is something wrong the Engine Fuel Management Computer. Anyone else get that with their tune? I cant call Andy because he's on vacation till next week. Im not really sure what could be throwing that code?

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,596 Posts
I dont trust Onstar too much. I tried them one time when I had a Cranklearn error after putting models in. OK, I knew what it was :) but they couldnt tell me. All they could say is check to make sure your gas cap is tight.

Make sure you have your IAT/MAF connector plugged in right. Andy used to ship them (maybe by mistake) with a tab that needed cut off.

You can plug them in backwards.

Rich

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont trust Onstar too much. I tried them one time when I had a Cranklearn error after putting models in. OK, I knew what it was :) but they couldnt tell me. All they could say is check to make sure your gas cap is tight.

Make sure you have your IAT/MAF connector plugged in right. Andy used to ship them (maybe by mistake) with a tab that needed cut off.

You can plug them in backwards.

Rich
I didnt see any tabs to remove. Would the car even run if it wasnt plugged in correct? It drives just fine but it doesnt seem to have picked up as much performance as I had hoped.

·
The one and only JJ
14,071 Posts
Iam braindead right now but i remember if you pull FUSE 29 (i think this is the right #) and leave it out for 5 minutes and toss it back this might help your issues.

·
Premium Member
2006 TBSS 3SS
17,596 Posts
I didnt see any tabs to remove. Would the car even run if it wasnt plugged in correct? It drives just fine but it doesnt seem to have picked up as much performance as I had hoped.
If I remember right, the tab is in the wrong spot and he cuts them off.

The plug can go on either way. It will run as most sensors go into a failsafe mode.

If you drive it and it SLAMS into second gear thats a good indication the plug is backwards. When you run without a MAF that happens.

The ADM plug is a little quirky anyway. Remove it and make sure you have not folded a pin in that adapter harness he sends.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If I remember right, the tab is in the wrong spot and he cuts them off.

The plug can go on either way. It will run as most sensors go into a failsafe mode.

If you drive it and it SLAMS into second gear thats a good indication the plug is backwards. When you run without a MAF that happens.

The ADM plug is a little quirky anyway. Remove it and make sure you have not folded a pin in that adapter harness he sends.
Thanks guys for all the quick replies. When the wife gets home I'll go out and make sure its wired right.

What is fuse #29 control?

·
The one and only JJ
14,071 Posts

Pull that bastard out for 5 minutes and replace. You should fix your issue!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Pull that bastard out for 5 minutes and replace. You should fix your issue!
That doesnt look like a fuse to me:biggrin2:

Which one of the 3 is that?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok, just wondering what I might be blowing up in the near future:rofl:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
The one and only JJ
14,071 Posts
Ok let me go find this damn thread started long ago so u believe my ass! lol.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts