Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2007 TBSS AWD with 53K miles on the clock. Truck runs great but i'm noticing this more now this getting colder when i start it up and go into gear the shift from 1-2nd is a little harsh. it keeps doing this un til its fully warmed up. When start the car i always give it a few minutes to warm up before i start driving it. I happed to find the previous owner and he said that the only issue he had with it was the valve body in the transmission had to be replaced. He also said never did anything to the drivetrain fluid either. I check it while it was running and the fluid levels looked good. I want to make sure there is nothing wrong. I plan on swaping all the fluids soon(Diff & Tranny).

·
The most diabolical Hater
06 TBSS AWD
1,027 Posts
mine shifts hard as hell on second and the next it feels soft. Mine has also had a valve body rebuild.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just took a look at some of the sonnax parts, something i my look into for when i rebuilt the tranny. I'd like to keep the SS for a while. For the fluid change i think i'm going to get a deeper tranny pan to keep the temps down.

·
Premium Member
'06 AWD
5,094 Posts
Trans cooler over pan in my opinion.

I just took a look at some of the sonnax parts, something i my look into for when i rebuilt the tranny. I'd like to keep the SS for a while. For the fluid change i think i'm going to get a deeper tranny pan to keep the temps down.

Ma'am have you ever seen a cat skeleton in a tree? Exactly it will come down.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I want to get a Transcooler but i want to make sure i keep the truck warranty friendly.

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS 1SS AWD
17,281 Posts
cooler will have no impact on warranty unless they can DIRECTLY show that the cooler caused a failure...

put one on...

and i will argue the cooler over pan as i do not have a cooler and in the HEAT with the air on my temps will get up to around 205-208 but come right back down to 180ish when moving... right now with the cooler air i run consistantly around 150-165

i WILL be putting one in come spring, as my sonnax guy says at this point i really dont need it untill it gets hot again... also you CAN get a trans too cool. he likes to see the temps stay right in the 140-180 area. those being the low and high side of temps.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I looked at the PCM cooler and i'll look into getting that next spring. The main thing i want to change now is the fluids to see if that improves things.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,347 Posts
I looked at the PCM cooler and i'll look into getting that next spring. The main thing i want to change now is the fluids to see if that improves things.
It seemed to shift smoother after a fluid change and fluid was nasty after 64k mikes

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The previous owner didn't do that from what i can tell. I'll be doing that. The SS is mainly my family/travel/snow day car so it won't to many miles on it. I want i'm going to want to get it over hauled but not sure how long i should wait or when i do what parts to upgrade. I need to look more into the Sonnax parts.

·
Premium Member
07 TBSS 1SS AWD
17,281 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,012 Posts
+1 on PCM cooler, and stock trannys have a 1-2 shift that most people describe as stiff or harsh when they first start driving them, change the fluid then see what you have.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
if the trans is fine, just service it, do the sonnax shift improver kit, and the servos, put a deep pan on it and a cooler from brandon at FAST.

that set up should be more than adequate for what you want to do, along with giving you a little boost in shift feel, and also more fluid capacity and cooling.
Do have a links/info on the shift improver kit? I've look slightly in the to servo's not sure what i want to do yet. Does brandon have a website?

+1 on PCM cooler, and stock trannys have a 1-2 shift that most people describe as stiff or harsh when they first start driving them, change the fluid then see what you have.
Thats why i'm doing soon. I don't think our tranny pans have drain plugs stock so if i'm going to have to take it off to swap fluid i might as well get new a new drain pan to back on there. I'll probably order this weekend.

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
1,496 Posts
Do have a links/info on the shift improver kit? I've look slightly in the to servo's not sure what i want to do yet. Does brandon have a website?

Thats why i'm doing soon. I don't think our tranny pans have drain plugs stock so if i'm going to have to take it off to swap fluid i might as well get new a new drain pan to back on there. I'll probably order this weekend.
Look in Two Tons signature or mine at the Fast logo for URL

·
Banned
TBSS
11,699 Posts
cooler will have no impact on warranty unless they can directly show that the cooler caused a failure...

Put one on...

And i will argue the cooler over pan as i do not have a cooler and in the heat with the air on my temps will get up to around 205-208 but come right back down to 180ish when moving... Right now with the cooler air i run consistantly around 150-165

i will be putting one in come spring, as my sonnax guy says at this point i really dont need it untill it gets hot again... Also you can get a trans too cool. He likes to see the temps stay right in the 140-180 area. Those being the low and high side of temps.
x2!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts