Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
making friends daily
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
9,332 Posts
Did you not pressure test for leaks on the cooler?

No doubt its a beast for sure, cant wait to see it run.
That's kind of what I was thinking. Or the welds were weak. I'm sure it put down nice numbers though lol

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I did not pressure test it. I figured it would would be good to 30psi. I was wrong... lol. It's getting fixed and then back to dyno tuning.

·
making friends daily
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
9,332 Posts
So I have to ask, do you have video when that let go? I know what it sounds like when an intercooler boot blows off the Powerstroke that I daily and it'll catch you off guard to say the least..

Reactions: TNSS and GMTURBO

·
Registered
06 3SS TBSS RWD
882 Posts
I know from experience what blowing a coupler off sounds like and what blowing the end tank off an intercooler sounds like at 26psi ! It will scare the shit out of you ! Especially when you're not expecting it .I had that happen to my old 99 GSX , blew the end tank apart at 26psi with Precision 35R .

Reactions: 06blubeasst

·
Old but not Dead Yet!
TrailblazerSS
9,572 Posts
Just because it Can be done doesn't mean it Should be done. The bottom end can't take 30 psi for very long. Just asking for trouble.

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Just because it Can be done doesn't mean it Should be done. The bottom end can't take 30 psi for very long. Just asking for trouble.
I was going to stop around 25 psi.or 1300rwhp..whichever came first. ;)

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
No but working at a machine shop for over a year I've seen it several times
From too much boost? Or a spun bearing? Bent rod? I have a pretty decent bottom end, even if it's a stock block. It's got really good diamond pistons ( made for up to 30psi) Callie's crank and rods

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
120 Posts
I am curious why there would be a hole in the block as well. There are plenty of people running 1300+ on stock blocks. I would think it would lift the heads before grenading. Either way I don't doubt you will see the numbers you want and that is one sick engine bay!

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
664 Posts
Usually a hole in the block is from the rod bolts breaking & chunking the rod out the block, a stock block can handle more power than most think as long as nothing fails, you can break a rhs or any other after market block with little HP when something fails

Sent from my LGMS323 using Tapatalk

·
making friends daily
07 TrailblazerSS AWD
9,332 Posts
Usually a hole in the block is from the rod bolts breaking & chunking the rod out the block, a stock block can handle more power than most think as long as nothing fails, you can break a rhs or any other after market block with little HP when something fails

I think it's safe to say that anything can handle a lot of power as long as nothing fails :dunno:

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
664 Posts
I think it's safe to say that anything can handle a lot of power as long as nothing fails :dunno:
I'm saying I know someone that is running a stock block in a FI fbody with a good rotating assembly @ 1500hp and has been running it @ the track for several years and occasionally street driving & never had a issue

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
5,661 Posts
I'm saying I know someone that is running a stock block in a FI fbody with a good rotating assembly @ 1500hp and has been running it @ the track for several years and occasionally street driving & never had a issue

What's the"stock block"? I can buy a stock b15 and drop it in...that's stock.:cheers1:

41 - 60 of 71 Posts