Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well a certain person (not me!) wants the SS louder exhaust wise. I showed her sound and video clips of the Corsa Sport catback,and she loves it. Willing to save the pretty penny on it. But I was wondering if there are any cheaper versions that are just as good like Gibson,Borla ect.
Any comments ate greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,141 Posts
I just got/ installed Corsa Sport.. So far I love it! Its not super loud, but it sounds a lot better. What price did you find?

Here is where I got mine. 795 shipped. Ordered it on a Friday, got it on Wednesday with Monday being a holiday

http://www.lmperformance.com/15885/32.html

·
WANNABE SS OWNER
Trailblazer SS 2wd
16,025 Posts
I have Borla but it is about the same price as Corsa. I have only heard clips on youtube but the JBA catback didn't sound that bad and it is roughly half the price of the Corsa. Maybe someone with the JBA catback will chime in and be a little more helpful than me.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,141 Posts
The Corsa is pretty expensive.. Great quality though. Pretty easy to install too.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
James your vids helped make that decision on that she wanted it louder. All the prices that I'm seeing is 700-800 bucks, I really just don't want to spend that much but I will
If I have too. Dustin, I forgot about JBA.
Of course I know that all ok getting is sound and nothing else.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,141 Posts
You could always go the 50$ route and delete the muffler and keep the stock resonator.

I'm glad/sorry you and the wife liked my new exhaust!:D

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well right now we have 11229 magnaflow muffler with stock res. But I just want it to be louder.

·
Premium Member
3,945 Posts
well right now we have 11229 magnaflow muffler with stock res. But I just want it to be louder.
Try taking the res out and see how she likes it. If it doesn't work for her your only out $20 so no big loss. I thought mine sounded ok like that

·
Whiskey Tango...
AWD TBSS
4,084 Posts
Does it drone much with the muffler delete? How is it on the highway? Not trying to talk somebody out of saving money but those are things to consider. Borla or magnaflow sound totally different than corsa.

·
Premium Member
08 Black Granite
4,004 Posts
It's another option but deff. Not for everyone. A few on the site have heard it WOT and it is obnoxious. But I don't have any issues with drone.

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
2,141 Posts
It's another option but deff. Not for everyone. A few on the site have heard it WOT and it is obnoxious. But I don't have any issues with drone.
Sounds good, muffler delete, stock resonator and long tube headers? Cat less? what did that setup cost?

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well hmmm only thing about a muffler delete that I worry about is it being too loud since the ss is mainly the wife's DD, and we have a newborn on the way.

I heard stainless works cat back and I thought it sounds comparable to the Corsa.

For the few people that mentioned headers and my Magnaflow, as of right now (if and when I get the funds) headers aren't the beat thing. But please do keep the comments coming,and also what do you fellows think of the Stainless Works catback sound to the Corsa

SW
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=5r3ITtNbGEI

VS

Corsa
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=PoSgjp-Ofro

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,258 Posts
I don't have a SW Cat-Back but I do have the muffler if you want to hear it, let me know I'll post the vid...

·
Premium Member
TrailblazerSS
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't have a SW Cat-Back but I do have the muffler if you want to hear it, let me know I'll post the vid...
Paul that would be great!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts