Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
09 trailblazerSS
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Trailblazer SS in november. Its an 09 with a metallic black finish. The paint code in the glove compartment shows that its a silver paint code. So.... Im not sure if this vehicle has been repainted with the carbon flash metallic/black granite paint code that was offered in 09 or if its completely different color all together. It has an almost midnight blue metallic look to it. Does anyone have a a factory 09 carbon flash metallic TB that I can see pics of to try to match this paint so I can respray my front bumper cover? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
12,851 Posts
No need really. Silver and black granite aren't even remotely close in color. The VIN code would tell us what it should be. Paint code should be posted in the glove box as well.

~Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines~

·
Registered
09 trailblazerSS
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
/Users/michaelkehl/Pictures/iPhoto Library.photolibrary/Previews/2015/07/18/20150718-164519/twogV7XOTlKTqDA9h33%fQ/IMG_0977.jpg

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
487 Posts
I agree but pics wouldn't hurt. I think 2008 was the only year they had the granite black metallic if I'm not mistaken. Is that correct? If so, then his truck would definitely have a different paint job.

·
Registered
09 trailblazerSS
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I apologize but I don't know how to upload pictures off of this iPhoto stuff, I'm so computer illiterate.

·
Registered
09 trailblazerSS
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok i created an album with pictures of the paint. I have tried to import them to this thread but have failed, if you go to my albums and look at the one that says my paint color it will show pics there....... i think

·
Premium Member
2008 TrailblazerSS
12,851 Posts
I agree but pics wouldn't hurt. I think 2008 was the only year they had the granite black metallic if I'm not mistaken. Is that correct? If so, then his truck would definitely have a different paint job.
Negative. There are 09' models with granite black.

~Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines~

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
96 Posts
Just look behind some of your interior trim peices, and see if it's silver, I doubt they stripped the entire interior out to repaint it. I'd try the A pillar or tailgate cover, easy any quick to check. Odds are it's a factory granite but got a silver paint code sticker by mistake, probably at the change of paint colors during assembly

·
Registered
09 trailblazerSS
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes i pulled the rear interior trim piece off and it is silver, but I don't know if previous owner had it painted or if the factory did it mid build. I wouldn't think someone would have that new of a vehicle stripped and painted either, and if they did i would like to know if this is carbon flash metallic or black granite that was offered in 09

·
Registered
09 Trailblazer SS
310 Posts

09 Black granite code 58U

Try to find an auto body supply or body shop with a color spectrometer. They should be able to scan the color and give you the top 3 closest to's. The shop I work at had 1 so I could scan the color changed cars so I had a base point to mix from then tint as needed

·
Registered
09 trailblazerSS
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
ok thanks i'll try that, can you look at my pics and tell if its close to yours in your opinion.

·
Registered
09 Trailblazer SS
310 Posts
ok thanks i'll try that, can you look at my pics and tell if its close to yours in your opinion.
Yours looks more green.Here is a shot but I had to use the flash. I will get one tomorrow in the sun so you can compare.

·
Registered
09 trailblazerSS
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yours looks more green.Here is a shot but I had to use the flash. I will get one tomorrow on the sun so you can compare.
Thats what I was afraid of. I was hoping that it was carbon flash metallic and not something else i'll have to try to match.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts