Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Whiskey Tango...
AWD TBSS
4,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody with a car intrake and an 06 water pump? It look like it will be a tight fit near the throttle body. My new motor has a FAST 102 and I will be needing a new TB. I already have the kit to move the idler pulley, just wondering about clearance between the TB & water pump.
Thanks

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
if your fast intake is a car style, then you need an 07 up trailblazer water pump. just went threw this with mine.

·
Willy M'Fn Wonka
07 Trailblazer SS
7,244 Posts
Meizer electric FTW. Come on moneybags, do it...lol

·
Whiskey Tango...
AWD TBSS
4,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
if your fast intake is a car style, then you need an 07 up trailblazer water pump. just went threw this with mine.

Thanks, and yes its a FAST 102 car style. I have seen a few different idler brackets. Did you use one of those or a spacer in the hole below the alternator? I have the kit from Alvin with the spacer & long bolt. Also I'm gonna guess the truck fuel rail wont work with the car mani either? Any other tips about swapping to a car intake are welcome!

I have thought about it but haven't looked into it. If its going to need a new water pump anyway...

·
trailer park living.
TrailblazerSS
16,328 Posts
the electric water pump is over priced in my opinion. I'm not sure if ls3 fuel rail bolts on to a fast intake or if you have to use aftermarket fuel rails. I use Alvin's bolt and spacer like you did. I know this don't help you but i bought a intake from slp that they took of for their supercharged camaros, it came with rails and injectors. If you want i can pm you my number

·
Premium Member
2007 TBSS
4,834 Posts
You can use a 06 water pump. Just have the upper outlet pulled out and weld a new outlet in the car position (horizontal)

·
Whiskey Tango...
AWD TBSS
4,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the responses guys. After doing some digging it seems there are a few different solutions. I found a guy on LS1 truck that sells spacers to push a car style pump out so the pulleys will align and the neck is out of the way. Its either that or figure out how to make an 06 or 07 truck style work with my FAST 102, and whatever TB I end up with. Probably a Nick Williams 102.

·
Whiskey Tango...
AWD TBSS
4,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Anyone use an L99 water pump yet? Seems like the perfect choice to me.
I've been looking into this and found a few threads on tech. The L99 pump sits out .75 further than the ls1 accessories and should line up just fine with the truck stuff, just need to mod the upper radiator hose to fit since it gets moved towards the drivers side. I bought some spacers for the ls1 pump and NASTYTRANSAM is going to let me use and old ls1 pump to check fittiment. The L99 seems almost ideal just need to look at the hose situation. Hopefully it wont be much longer until I'm able to pick my motor up and we'll see how all this jives!

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/14131874-post29.html

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
427 Posts
i modified the neck on my 06 water pump slightly to clear the pro charger bracket.. i will be ordering the pcm for less idler pully to run the ls3 intake on my lsx motor.. does it look like my water pump will be a problem?

·
Registered
'06 AWD
660 Posts
I tried to go that route right before I put the truck in storage. Bottom line: it would take a lot of fab work moving most of the accessories/brackets.

·
Whiskey Tango...
AWD TBSS
4,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For a car style electric pump? I think all you will need to do is modify the alt bracket, move the idler pulley, and use spacers to move the car pump out .75 so it will align with the truck accessories. It has been done a bunch of times, a lot on non tbss truck motors. Lots of people with truck 5.3's are putting them into cars.

·
Whiskey Tango...
AWD TBSS
4,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i modified the neck on my 06 water pump slightly to clear the pro charger bracket.. i will be ordering the pcm for less idler pully to run the ls3 intake on my lsx motor.. does it look like my water pump will be a problem?
check motor head on and guess how much you intake can move down before the tb hits the outlet maybe it will maybe it wont. look at what not quick did with the 07 pump. i am going to try an ls1 pump and i already have the spacers. this has been done by somebody using a fast 102 and a nick williams 102 just like mine. schwanke sells a kit but it looks like something that can be done on your own. where does you tensioner mount?

·
Registered
TrailblazerSS
427 Posts
yea i guess the only way is to see how it all comes together on the new motor i just dont want to have to re do the coolant hard pipe i made.. my tensioner is mounted to the house of boost pro charger bracket

·
Spray You Like a Roach !!
TrailblazerSS
435 Posts
Im about to pull the trigger on this intake and can decide to go fast car or truck . What made you decide to use the car intake ? I know it's cheaper but i was told if you can fit the truck intake it's the one to go with . Don't you also need a conversion harness to run the 102 mm tb ? I believe caspers sells a harness adapter .

·
Whiskey Tango...
AWD TBSS
4,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My motor is slighty used and already has the FAST 102 on it. With either car or truck 102 intake it will need a little work to fit. The Nick Williams 102 TB will plug right in.

It has plenty of low end!

·
Whiskey Tango...
AWD TBSS
4,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I ended up using an LS1 water pump. I cut part of my accessory beacket off, and used some .75spacers to push the pump out. Also have Alvins idler pulley kit. Everything lines up fine. The L99 pump bolts right in with the cut bracket but I didnt like where the radiator hose ended up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts