Chevy Trailblazer SS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Trailblazer SS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased an 06 Trailblazer(awd/auto). When I purchaed the SS, I had the GM dealer verify the PCM hadn't been modified or locked (neither had been done according to them). I know a custom tune is preferable, but I've tried using the Diablo as well as the Hypertech Max Energy tuner. Neither has worked.
The Diablo gave me a message the original map wasn't found and wouldn't let me update. The Hypertech gives a code 62 (normally means some type of electrical interference,etc). I worked with their customer support and removed fuses to the radio,amp and Onstar but no luck. They even shipped me another unit but I get the same code.
Does anyone have any idea what the issue could be? I will probably go the PCMFORLESS route if I can't get the Hypertech working.
Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
Trailblazer SS
5,558 Posts
As long as your "LTR" fuse under the hood isnt blown which would cause a dead data port then your computers have to have a locked tune. A handheld just reads out whats in your ecm doesnt care if its tuned. However most ways of locking an ecm involves changing the os id which would result in the error of not finding the stock maping

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts